My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (25)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (4)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Discovering Cardinal Dechamps, Tradition made fresh and clear
- Speak of the Devil ...
- BREAKING UPDATE: Francis versus Lucifer?
- Celebrate the Red Octave
- Thank you, Shawn Tribe
- Love never says "Enough"
- Paris-Chartres Pilgrimage 2013
- On the ongoing revision of the penal law of the Church
- The Springtime of the Church: a statistical reckoning
- For the record: the full text of the prayer consecrating the pontificate of Pope Francis to Our Lady of Fatima
- Vatican's financial intelligence unit nets suspicious activity
- Pope: Ask if your life promotes unity or division
- Author finds Catholic themes in Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'
- Pope makes fourth appeal for Oklahoma tornado victims
- American named deputy head of global Catholic knights group
- Supreme Court could give landmark ruling on public prayer
- Church, political leaders extend prayers to Oklahoma victims
The American people have a choice In this our solemn quadrennial mess: Socialist one, pro-abortion, smooth voice Or number two, pro-abort, L-D-S. The Evil Party loves contraception, Makes it the role of employer to pay. The Stupid Party has this conception: Onanism’s great the free market way. Each ticket boasts a Roman Catholic veep. (Papistical [...]
(This was written in preparation for a series of conferences on vocations and states in life that I gave at Saint Benedict Center in the Spring of 2005. Please see the end of this piece for a small table of contents with links to the other conferences.) We have spoken of choosing a partner and [...]
October 1, 2009 | 2 Comments
This is a small tribute to my recently-deceased superior, mentor, father, and friend, Brother Francis. As our Byzantine brethren say, “May his memory live in eternity!” Brother Francis was born, in the town of Mashrah, Lebanon, about thirty miles from Beirut, in 1913. His given name was Fakhri Boutros Maluf. The Maluf family is descended [...]
I rarely get very personal here or in anything I write. A small digression into the personal is, I believe, allowed from time to very long time. As a little brother all my life, I’ve looked up (quite literally) to my older brother, Charlie. He’s a tuba player. As a child, I thought that was [...]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- Divine Parables Explained: or The Church of the Parables
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms MP3
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms
- Tomorrow's Chistendom MP3
- Brother Anthony's MP3 Collection
- Saint Maximillian Kolbe: Our Lady's Knight MP3
- Immaculate Conception & Spouse of the Holy Ghost
- Pentecost and Corpus Christi Sermon MP3
- The Devotion of the Holy Rosary and Five Scapulars
- Bringing Down the American Idols MP3
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Lionel Andrades on Pro-Father Feeney Blogs
- Warren Goddard on ‘Sentimental Theology’ and ‘Faith is a Gift’
- Conscience, Religion and the Capax Dei (Or, why don’t we have more Latin phrases on this blog?) | Hang Together on Grace and the “Problem” of Man’s Desire for God
- How to Read the Bible: The Anagogical (Program and Sermon) | Church in the Cliff on The Four Senses of Scripture
- test « Ryan Bilodeau's Blog on The Relationship of Americanism to Modernism
- Pro-Life Nominees Win at Virginia GOP Convention Brian Kelly
- Obama’s Month for ‘Gay Pride’ Imposed on US Embassies Brian Kelly
- Pope Makes 4th Appeal for Prayers for Tornado Victims Brian Kelly
- Distraught Old Soldier Commits Suicide in Notre Dame Cathedral Brian Kelly
- Medjugorje Getting Better. Some Claim Vicka Heals and Bilocates. Brian Kelly
- Fed appeals court stays Korman’s Plan B free-for-all Catholicism.org
- Join Pope Francis in Praying for Victims of Devastating Tornado Brian Kelly
- ‘No More ‘Francis,’ Only ‘Jesus,’ Alright?’ Brian Kelly
- Vermont Legalizes Assisted Suicide Brian Kelly
- Interview With Catholic Prison Convert Russell Ford Brian Kelly
- St Andrew’s Church in Maine – A Model in Interior Decoration
- The Paintings of an American Catholic Master, Carl Schmitt
- Aquinas, Augustin, Benedict and Corbon on Seven and Eight in the Psalms and the Liturgy.
- An Intensive Summer School in Academic Drawing for Catholics – Useful Whatever Your Preferred Tradition
- Thomas More College Alumnus Enter Novitiate for Oratory of St Philip Neri in Lewiston, Maine
- Christian Geometric Art in an Arabic Gospel
- The Franciscan Liturgical Art – An Inspiration for Rebuilding the Church Today
- On the Case of Shanghai, a Letter from Cardinal Zen
- Bergoglio, a Revolutionary His Own Way
- Francis and the Devil
- Why Pope Francis Doesn't Give Communion
- Vatican Diary / "The Holy Father told me…"
- Shanghai, a Strong and Hard-pressed Diocese
- The Spell of Pope Francis
- Vatican Diary / Future curia, old project
- Blessed Are the Persecuted. The Story of a Modern Martyr
- The Most Beautiful "Credo" in the World Is in Monreale
- Conservative French Historian Shoots Himself to Oppose Aberromarriage
- Asturia Will Forbid its Schools From Speaking of Christmas and Easter
- Incidents of Vandalism and Mayhem in Europe Involving Churches and a Mosque
- Give Reason for Your Joy: DOJ Will Punish Those Who Refuse to Cheer Gomorrism
- Silent March for the Kidnapped Metropolitans in Amman
- Egypt: More Attacks on Coptic Orthodox Community. Two Churches Set on Fire
- Counter Demonstration Against Gomorrist Propaganda -- Obama's New Cultural Imperialism