My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (25)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- You report: Traditional Confirmations in New Hampshire
- You suggest: Devotion to the Infant King
- Dare we Hope?
- Immaculate Conception: Sunday, not Monday
- Rorate book review: "Crossbows & Crucifixes"
- FIUV PP: The Reception of the Host Alone by the Faithful
- De mortuis nil nisi bonum?...
- Summorum Pontificum: A Hope for the Church
- Beyond Belief: a Neoconservative Reality Show
- 1934 Solesmes' Antiphonale Monasticum now fully available online
- Vatican launches global campaign to fight ‘scandal’ of hunger
- Sinners, sex and NFP: My conversation with Simcha Fisher
- Migration policies must respect families, European bishops say
- Columnist: Pope's words rooted in Christ, not Marx
- Archbishop Kurtz calls ACLU lawsuit 'baseless'
- Posthumous Paul Walker movie lauded for pro-life message
- Priest lauds Pope's commitment to protection of children
[This obituary is from Legacy.com.] Reverend Wilfredo T. Comellas, 49, died Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013 at Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital, Raceland, La., after an illness.Father Comellas, son of Wilfredo Tomas and the late Justa A. Comellas, was born in Havana, Cuba, on April 16, 1964. His father, Wilfredo Tomas, a political prisoner of […]
The American people have a choice In this our solemn quadrennial mess: Socialist one, pro-abortion, smooth voice Or number two, pro-abort, L-D-S. The Evil Party loves contraception, Makes it the role of employer to pay. The Stupid Party has this conception: Onanism’s great the free market way. Each ticket boasts a Roman Catholic veep. (Papistical […]
(This was written in preparation for a series of conferences on vocations and states in life that I gave at Saint Benedict Center in the Spring of 2005. Please see the end of this piece for a small table of contents with links to the other conferences.) We have spoken of choosing a partner and […]
October 1, 2009 | 2 Comments
This is a small tribute to my recently-deceased superior, mentor, father, and friend, Brother Francis. As our Byzantine brethren say, “May his memory live in eternity!” Brother Francis was born, in the town of Mashrah, Lebanon, about thirty miles from Beirut, in 1913. His given name was Fakhri Boutros Maluf. The Maluf family is descended […]
I rarely get very personal here or in anything I write. A small digression into the personal is, I believe, allowed from time to very long time. As a little brother all my life, I’ve looked up (quite literally) to my older brother, Charlie. He’s a tuba player. As a child, I thought that was […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- The Liturgical Year - Back in Print!
- Economics Package
- Dictionary of Scholastic Philosophy and Not So Trivial
- Scapular and Garment of Grace Package
- Before the Dawn
- Catholicity & Baptism are Necessary for Salvation
- Downloadable Videos of 2013 Conference
- Crossbows and Crucifixes
- A Book of Angels
- Finding Confidence in Times of Trial
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Steve Mulligan on Father Wilfredo Comellas, My Good Friend, RIP
- Mr Anne Louis Cammenga, Director Information Centre Second World War (IWOII) on Father Wilfredo Comellas, My Good Friend, RIP
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Brian on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Joel Kurtzhalts on The Status of Father Feeney’s Doctrinal Position
- Priest and Catechist Martyred in Hatred for the Faith to be Beatified Brian Kelly
- There Was One Priest Who Denied Communion to a Pro-Obama Politician Brian Kelly
- The Journey of Joseph Pearce Eleonore Villarrubia
- 4 Years for a Drug Conviction and She Loves Our Lady of Guadalupe Brian Kelly
- Good to See Notre Dame Is Taking a Stand Brian Kelly
- Utah Considers Cutting Water Supply to Massive NSA Complex Brian Kelly
- Taiwan: 200,000 Protest Proposed Law Allowing Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Brian Kelly
- Obama Determined to Shove His ‘Healthcare’ Down Nation’s Throat Brian Kelly
- ACLU Files Lawsuit Against US Bishops Over Abortion Brian Kelly
- English Song Writer and Composer William Byrd, Recusant Catholic Brian Kelly
- A Pretty 19th Century Church in Vermont
- Evangelii Gaudium – Pope Francis talks of the Way of Beauty
- How the Ancient Sarum Rite Formed the Art and Architecture of a Tiny Country Church in Devon, England
- Audio of Talk Given In New York City: the Formation of the Catholic Artist
- An Ordinary Street in the London Suburb of Hanwell
- The Old Library, Nashua, New Hampshire and the Richmond Court Apartments, Brookline, Massachusetts
- How the Domestic Church Preserved the Faith in Soviet Russia
- Liturgical Reform, a History to Rewrite
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / "Populus Sion"
- The Federalist Option of the Bishop of Rome
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / "Ad te levavi"<br />
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / A New Release in Six Tracks
- The "Pastoral Rule" of Francis
- Vatican Diary / The "Bergoglio effect" on the bishops of Italy and Spain
- Even the Pope Critiques Himself. And Corrects Three Errors
- Vatican Diary / In the United States everybody with Francis, rightly or wrongly
- Against Gay Marriage, General Bergoglio Sent the Nuns in to Fight
- Priest Celebrates Vigil of Marian Feast as Transvestite
- "We Demand the Dismissal of Father Volpi as Commissioner of the Franciscans of the Immaculata"
- The Prophet of Sacred Germany
- Franciscans of the Immaculata --- Founder’s Health Situation “Serious” AVM
- Archbishop Gänswein Denies Making Statements to "Die Zeit"
- Gänswein About Benedict XVI: Resignation Was "Amputation" -- About Francis: "I wait every day anew, what will be different today"
- Libya Introduces Sharia -- The Result of the "Arab Spring"