My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
- Portland Archbishop Alexander K. Sample on the Traditional Mass
- War Veterans Council Lied to by Bogus Homosexual Veterans Group
- Still River, Mass. IHM School Pulls out of the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in South Boston
- Africans Surprise Synod
- National Catholic Register Shocks and Stuns
- Western Cultural Imperialism
- Dr. Robert Moynihan on Ukraine
- The ‘YUM’ Factor
- The Feckless Fathers
- What is Going on in Ukraine?
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Boko Haram death toll: over 500 Catholics in Nigeria
- Cadillac that carried Pope Paul across Holy Land in 1964 offered for visit by Pope Francis
- India: police search for clues in case of murdered seminary rector
- Swedish 'megachurch' leader converts to Catholicism
- Concert at Roman basilica in memory of Japanese earthquake/tsunami victims
- First AnniversaryFor the record: after another papal interview, another Holy See Press Office clarification
- Homosexuality? De facto unions? "Time to open up to diversity," says Italian archbishop
- Silence in the Liturgy: LMS video
- Event: Pilgrimage to Portugal, with Traditional Mass in the Ritus Bracarensis
- How to Regard Vatican II a special essay by Don Pietro Leone
- Rest in peace, Mario Palmaro
- Sermon for the First Sunday in Lent
- Cardinal Dolan, in this age, it is keeping the faith that deserves a "Bravo"
- Cardinal Dolan says "Bravo!"
- The true enemies of the Church are bad Catholics
- Legislators ask for strengthening of military religious freedom
- Global youth garner thanks for Pope on first anniversary
- Venezuela cardinal calls for peace amid escalating violence
- Vatican celebrates Pope's anniversary with virtual book
- Unburned letters of John Paul II reveal richness of Trinity
- Women's dynamic service to Church celebrated at Vatican
- Cricket match ends in draw between Sri Lankan Catholic schools
May 26, 2010 | Leave a Comment
Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the North American Martyrs (St. Isaac Jogues & Companions) Auriesville, New York. The dates for this year’s Pilgrimage for Restoration are September 22-25, 2010. I cannot recommend this wonderful event more strongly. Our religious go to it every year, bringing two brigades of pilgrims from Saint Benedict […]
For those of you who use NetworkedBlogs, you can now follow this blog there. Please go to: http://networkedblogs.com/blog/brother_andré_maries_weblog/?ahash=8fb3ae8d400b5941cdc013f058e4c7f2
I will be traveling soon. What will have me on the road is the “Catholic America Tour” (CAT). I will be traveling across our land to lecture on the subject, “Toward a Catholic America: History, Goals, and Methods.” If you would like to be a part of this effort by sponsoring a CAT presentation in […]
Please note the new entry under “pages,” — I Need Help! Spread the word, please.
The last three posts were all on Modernism, or subjects closely related to Modernism. This is my (slightly belated) celebration of the 100th anniversary of Pascendi Dominici Gregis, Pope St. Pius X’s wonderful encyclical condemning that heresy. The encyclical was published on September 8, 1907, the Feast of Our Lady’s Nativity. The vigilant pope’s definitive […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- Freebies for Pop Quiz
- First Sunday in Lent Lecture MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #27 MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #26 MP3
- The Federal Reserve Bank and the Economic War on the Family MP3
- 8x10 Portrait of Brother Francis Maluf
- The Cruise of the "Nona"
- Preparation for Total Consecration
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #25 MP3
- The Social Reign of Christ the King
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Paul Seymour on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- J.D Hickman on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- This Day in History: December 13th | Steph's Random Facts on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- The Mass Slaughters of Revolutionary Atheism Brian Kelly
- French Government Extorted Illegal Russian Girl to Spy on Manif Pour Tous Brian Kelly
- The Folly of Materialism Brian Kelly
- Immigrant Workers: Growing Catholic Presence in Parts of Mid-East Brian Kelly
- Study: Southern Poverty Law Center Ignores Liberal Hate The Philosopher
- Congratulations to the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM) The Philosopher
- A Review of ‘The Church Under Attack’ Eleonore Villarrubia
- Iceland’s Catholic Population Doubles in Past 10 Years Brian Kelly
- Portland Archbishop Alexander K. Sample on the Traditional Mass Brother-André Marie
- Ten Great Passages Supporting Papal Primacy and Authority Brian Kelly
- New Setting for the Creed from Corpus Christi Watershed
- How to Compose Psalm Tones for the Vernacular – Have a Go Yourself
- Arthur Rackham – A Brilliant Illustrator from the Golden Age of British Illustration
- The Iconography of the Immaculate Conception and the Litany of Loreto – A Lesson for Today from the Spanish Masters
- Why a Formation in Catholic Culture is Central to Catholic Education
- Faith is the Only Hope for a Country in Disarray – Venezuela
- Cicely Mary Barker – Enchanting Illustrations for Children’s Books
- Bergoglio, the General Who Wants to Win without Fighting
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The psalm of the temptation<br />
- Vatican Diary / The secretariat of state has lost its control over the economy
- Kasper Changes the Paradigm, Bergoglio Applauds
- The Two Synods, Real and of the Media
- The Devil's Double-cross, For and Against Pope Francis
- Vatican Diary / Nine days of fireworks on the way
- How to Enter into the Time and Space of God
- What Remains of the Christians of the East
- Synod at the Crossroads, on Second Marriages
- Pennsylvania: Immemorial Mass in Honor of Blessed Charles Habsburg
- Hans Küng is "Overjoyed" About Pope Francis -- "No Need to be a Pope Critic Any More"
- Mario Palmaro is Dead -- The Suffering Critic of Pope Francis is Silenced
- Patriarch Bartholomaios I. Speaks Against the Use of Hagia Sophia as a Mosque
- "Pastoral Care Must be Based in Reality" -- Benedict's Answer to the Speech of Cardinal Kasper
- Is Francis Turning Offenders into Victims and Priests Into Social Workers?
- "Annagate" Rocks France -- Young Russian Girl Extorted to Spy on Manif Pour Tous