My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (25)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- 1934 Solesmes' Antiphonale Monasticum now fully available online
- New comprehensive interview by SSPX Superior-General: "I didn't mean to say Pope is a Modernist in theology, but in action".
- 50 years of Sacrosanctum Concilium and what the Council wrought "The Destruction of the Roman Rite"
- Event: Upcoming Pontifical Mass and Traditional Confirmations in Rome - December 8, 2013
- Council of Cardinals discusses reform of the Curial DicasteriesFirst to be discussed: the Congregation for Divine Worship
- The Francis Revolution and Effect
- Event: Summorum Pontificum within the context of Liturgical Law - Conference in London
- All hail Croatia!or The advance of homosexual "marriage" is not inevitable.
- Una Voce Federation: new President
- Roberto de Mattei double-post:"Meltdown of the Church" and A Response: "The Process that has led us to the New Modernists"
- Vatican launches new commission for the protection of minors
- Group aims to ease US water poverty with Advent campaign
- Schedule of Pope’s Advent, Christmas liturgies released
- Notre Dame, FOCUS lawsuits challenge contraception mandate
- 'No sense' in ACLU suit against bishops, law professor says
- If Pope could perform one miracle, it would be 'to heal children'
- Vatican finance group signs agreement with German counterpart
May 26, 2010 | Leave a Comment
Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the North American Martyrs (St. Isaac Jogues & Companions) Auriesville, New York. The dates for this year’s Pilgrimage for Restoration are September 22-25, 2010. I cannot recommend this wonderful event more strongly. Our religious go to it every year, bringing two brigades of pilgrims from Saint Benedict […]
For those of you who use NetworkedBlogs, you can now follow this blog there. Please go to: http://networkedblogs.com/blog/brother_andré_maries_weblog/?ahash=8fb3ae8d400b5941cdc013f058e4c7f2
I will be traveling soon. What will have me on the road is the “Catholic America Tour” (CAT). I will be traveling across our land to lecture on the subject, “Toward a Catholic America: History, Goals, and Methods.” If you would like to be a part of this effort by sponsoring a CAT presentation in […]
Please note the new entry under “pages,” — I Need Help! Spread the word, please.
The last three posts were all on Modernism, or subjects closely related to Modernism. This is my (slightly belated) celebration of the 100th anniversary of Pascendi Dominici Gregis, Pope St. Pius X’s wonderful encyclical condemning that heresy. The encyclical was published on September 8, 1907, the Feast of Our Lady’s Nativity. The vigilant pope’s definitive […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Mr Anne Louis Cammenga, Director Information Centre Second World War (IWOII) on Father Wilfredo Comellas, My Good Friend, RIP
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Brian on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Joel Kurtzhalts on The Status of Father Feeney’s Doctrinal Position
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Status of Father Feeney’s Doctrinal Position
- Utah Considers Cutting Water Supply to Massive NSA Complex Brian Kelly
- Taiwan: 200,000 Protest Proposed Law Allowing Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Brian Kelly
- Obama Determined to Shove His ‘Healthcare’ Down Nation’s Throat Brian Kelly
- ACLU Files Lawsuit Against US Bishops Over Abortion Brian Kelly
- English Song Writer and Composer William Byrd, Recusant Catholic Brian Kelly
- Islamist Terrorists Kidnap Twelve Orthodox Nuns Brian Kelly
- ‘Catholic’ School Bars Priest From Teaching Catholic Morals Brian Kelly
- Jerusalem, Jerusalem Gary Potter
- How Can You Want an ‘Open’ Church If You Don’t Dress Like a Priest? Brian Kelly
- German Bishops Putting Pope on the Spot Over Allowing Divorced and Remarried to Communion Brian Kelly
- How the Ancient Sarum Rite Formed the Art and Architecture of a Tiny Country Church in Devon, England
- Audio of Talk Given In New York City: the Formation of the Catholic Artist
- An Ordinary Street in the London Suburb of Hanwell
- The Old Library, Nashua, New Hampshire and the Richmond Court Apartments, Brookline, Massachusetts
- How the Domestic Church Preserved the Faith in Soviet Russia
- Learn Traditional English Style of the 13th Century – Sacred Art Painting Class to Take Place at TMC in March
- At Work in My Parents’ Garden in Cheshire, England
- The Federalist Option of the Bishop of Rome
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / "Ad te levavi"<br />
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / A New Release in Six Tracks
- The "Pastoral Rule" of Francis
- Vatican Diary / The "Bergoglio effect" on the bishops of Italy and Spain
- Even the Pope Critiques Himself. And Corrects Three Errors
- Vatican Diary / In the United States everybody with Francis, rightly or wrongly
- Against Gay Marriage, General Bergoglio Sent the Nuns in to Fight
- A Synod As Francis Commands
- Vatican Diary / A ticket to Argentina for the pope, but no hurry
- Tolkien and Faerie
- Pharmacist Dismissed Because She Refused to Sell the "Morning After Pill" in France
- Hasenhüttl Sees No "Serious Movement" In the Direction of Progressive Demands Under Francis
- Holland's Bishops in Rome -- Holland's "Progressive" Direction "Manifesto" to Pope Francis
- Horror Missae: Church as a Play Space for Children -- and Saps
- Influence of American Promontory Group Over the Vatican Grows --- New Director of Vatican Bank Named
- Patriarchs of the Orient Come to Benedict XVI. "as Pilgrims"