- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass MP3
- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass
- The Paraclete
- C. S. Lewis and the Catholic Church
- Life of Pope Leo XIII
- St. Rose of Lima
- 2015 Mary and the Saints Wall Calendar
- The Imitation of Mary
- 2015 Saints Calendar & 16 Month Daily Planner Spiral Bound
- The Roman Martyrology
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- A Priest Writing Like a Priest Ought to Write
- Father Claude Barthe on the SSPX Situation and “Imperfect Communion”
- Evil in the Church
- How Power Brokers Beat War Drums
- ‘Without Tradition, We Are Cattle’
- Counterrevolutionary Considerations
- Anthony Fraser, RIP
- Noted Professor of Psychiatry: Transgenderism a ‘Mental Disorder’
- Salvation Here and Now
- Transfiguration and Theosis
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Priests need military escorts in Cameroon diocese after Boko Haram raids
- Catholic school removes portrait of pro-abortion gubernatorial candidate in Rhode Island
- Iraqi prelate asks Muslim leaders to condemn terrorism
- Academic, religious leaders encourage Pope to defend traditional marriage
- Cardinal Kasper defends proposal, sees 'fundamentalism' in critics
- Traditional Western Christian Art Still Being Made
- Communion for "Remarried Divorcees": "Eucharist Not a Superstitious Rite – Outside State of Grace, Not Only Useless, But Sacrilegious."
- When a Bishop Hides or Distorts Doctrine, Watch Out: He's Revealing Secrets About Himself
- Crisis? What crisis? The beast was slain
- Poverty and Simplicity at the Heart of Catholic Tradition
- Event: November 22 - Pope St. Pius X dinner and talks
- Back to Normal: Bishop Liberal in Doctrine and Morals is Liberal in his own Mores
- Kasper's Perplexing Notion of "Mercy" Is Not What Church Has Always Taught - an extensive book review, and its implications for Marriage
- 2015 Calendar Season: the Calendar of the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer (Papa Stronsay)
- ACHTUNG! As in Vatican II, the Germans seem to be Preparing a Coup for the Synod
- Bishop Conley to Catholics in medicine: strive to be saints
- Christian groups stand with diocese to protect Seal of Confession
- Bishop Finn's spokesman confirms Vatican visitation
- New bishop of Salford, England accepts appointment with trepidation
- Vatican spurns UN child committee's call for changes to canon law
- Pope Francis: Don't 'overdramatize' your complaints to God
- Synod at heart of papal liturgies for month of October
May 26, 2010 | Leave a Comment
Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the North American Martyrs (St. Isaac Jogues & Companions) Auriesville, New York. The dates for this year’s Pilgrimage for Restoration are September 22-25, 2010. I cannot recommend this wonderful event more strongly. Our religious go to it every year, bringing two brigades of pilgrims from Saint Benedict […]
For those of you who use NetworkedBlogs, you can now follow this blog there. Please go to: http://networkedblogs.com/blog/brother_andré_maries_weblog/?ahash=8fb3ae8d400b5941cdc013f058e4c7f2
I will be traveling soon. What will have me on the road is the “Catholic America Tour” (CAT). I will be traveling across our land to lecture on the subject, “Toward a Catholic America: History, Goals, and Methods.” If you would like to be a part of this effort by sponsoring a CAT presentation in […]
Please note the new entry under “pages,” — I Need Help! Spread the word, please.
The last three posts were all on Modernism, or subjects closely related to Modernism. This is my (slightly belated) celebration of the 100th anniversary of Pascendi Dominici Gregis, Pope St. Pius X’s wonderful encyclical condemning that heresy. The encyclical was published on September 8, 1907, the Feast of Our Lady’s Nativity. The vigilant pope’s definitive […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Cardinal Zen Joins Demonstrators in Hong Kong Brian Kelly
- Liberian Doctor Claims Ebola Is a Manufactured Crisis Brian Kelly
- A Priest Writing Like a Priest Ought to Write Brother-André Marie
- Cardinal Kasper Highly Critical of His ‘Fundamentalist’ Critics Brian Kelly
- Get others to come to our Conference Br. Joseph Mary, MICM
- Mormons Building Mega-Temple in Rome Brian Kelly
- September 29: Saints Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael Brian Kelly
- US Bishops Visiting Palestine Lament Injustice of Occupation Brian Kelly
- German Bishops on Board With Kasper on Marriage and Family Brian Kelly
- Let the Homosexual ‘Couple’ Stew, But What About Half the ‘Catholic’ Parishioners Who Support Them Brian Kelly
- Why the JPII’s Theology of the Body says that Nude Figure Drawing is a Bad Thing
- A Walk in Wales
- The Beauty of God’s House – a Collection of Essays Published as a Tribute to Stratford Caldecott
- Now you have an option of taking the painting class for college credit
- Suburban Garden in Boston that Transforms the Community
- Discerning My Vocation as an Artist
- Why the Benedictine Rule is Psychological Training for a Joyful Old Age
- Vatican Diary / Behind the scenes of the Chicago appointment
- Divorce and Second Marriages. The compliant “Oikonomia” of the Orthodox Churches
- Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
- The Betting Is Open on the Next Synod
- Vatican Diary / Exile to Malta for Cardinal Burke
- Reigning and “Emeritus.” The Enigma of the Two Popes
- Vatican Diary / Forty new bishops in Italy, and five fewer cardinals in the curia
- Communion for the Remarried. Francis Has a Yes "In Pectore"
- Vatican Diary / The new foreign minister is on the way
- An Army for Making Peace. The Geopolitics of Francis
- As Bergolio Was Sent As "Brilliant, But Crazy" into "Exile"
- The Real Reasons the Abuse-Hoax is Being Instrumentalized to Destroy a Catholic Bishop
- No Room For God in Aachen Diocese's Dialog Process
- Cardinal Burke to Celebrate Memorial Mass at the Grave of Pope Pius XII -- International Conference
- Visitor Assigned to Axe Bishop Finn
- German Bishops Want a "Pastoral Aggiornamento" at the Bishops' Synod
- Pope Celebrates the 200th Anniversary of the Restoration of the Society of Jesus at the Gesú