My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Synod: Manipulation and Blowback
- Catholic Bishop Shocks UU Ecumenical Guru by Speaking Like Catholic Bishop
- Synod Update: Cardinal Pell’s Assurances, ‘Blue Thursday’
- Cardinal Kasper Denies Anti-African Comments, Journalist Posts Recording
- Prayer Vigil Challenge
- Cardinal Napier to the Rescue?
- Sanctity: Our Counterrevolutionary Grand Strategy
- The Ecumenism of Matrimony, ‘Graduality,’ and Sacraments of the Perfect
- A Priest Writing Like a Priest Ought to Write
- Father Claude Barthe on the SSPX Situation and “Imperfect Communion”
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Pope addresses cardinals, decries �terrorism of previously unimaginable dimensions'
- Vatican message to Hindus emphasizes negative effects of globalization
- Pope Francis meets with Vietnam's prime minister
- Cardinal Burke confirms reports of transfer from position
- New appointments to Pontifical Biblical Commission
- Benson at 100: "The Mass, Prayer, the Rosary — nothing else can avail"
- "For Francis, a resounding defeat: Traditionalists have won a huge victory." | "Even in 2015, it's hard for Francis to go much beyond this without risking schism."
- Liberals just love Paul VI - just not what he actually said on fundamental matters of doctrine...
- Francis' final address to the Synod. Via Media or Laodicea?...
- Relatio Synodi - rejected paragraphs on communion for divorced and homosexuals - in English
- Final Relatio Synodi, in Italian
- IMPORTANT: The Backlash Against the Manipulated Synod of Francis - Snippets from a Rome in Disbelief after 18 Months of Fear Under Pressure
- Burke confirms: Yes, Pope has demoted me. "Pope has done a lot of harm by not saying openly what his position is" Synod "designed to change Church's teaching"
- The Dreadful Kasper: - He was ready to destroy a man's livelihood and reputation to achieve his ends
- Blue Thursday: The orthodox counter-offensive at the Synod- "such a day had never happened before, not even at Vatican II"
- A Middle East without Christians - cardinals consider sad prospect
- Blessed Paul VI, the Pope who led the Church's barque in troubled waters
- Interreligious marriage: a look at the synod from India's perspective
- Pope beatifies Paul VI, 'great helmsman' of Vatican II
- Church teaching on sexuality is simple, but not easy, priest says
- Hard winter looms for Iraq's 'betrayed' Christian refugees
- Pope Francis' closing synod speech received with standing ovation
May 26, 2010 | Leave a Comment
Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of the North American Martyrs (St. Isaac Jogues & Companions) Auriesville, New York. The dates for this year’s Pilgrimage for Restoration are September 22-25, 2010. I cannot recommend this wonderful event more strongly. Our religious go to it every year, bringing two brigades of pilgrims from Saint Benedict […]
For those of you who use NetworkedBlogs, you can now follow this blog there. Please go to: http://networkedblogs.com/blog/brother_andré_maries_weblog/?ahash=8fb3ae8d400b5941cdc013f058e4c7f2
I will be traveling soon. What will have me on the road is the “Catholic America Tour” (CAT). I will be traveling across our land to lecture on the subject, “Toward a Catholic America: History, Goals, and Methods.” If you would like to be a part of this effort by sponsoring a CAT presentation in […]
Please note the new entry under “pages,” — I Need Help! Spread the word, please.
The last three posts were all on Modernism, or subjects closely related to Modernism. This is my (slightly belated) celebration of the 100th anniversary of Pascendi Dominici Gregis, Pope St. Pius X’s wonderful encyclical condemning that heresy. The encyclical was published on September 8, 1907, the Feast of Our Lady’s Nativity. The vigilant pope’s definitive […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Saint Benedict Center Novena Schedule Michael Hamilton
- Synod: Manipulation and Blowback Brother André Marie
- Breaking News: Cardinal Burke on the Synod, His Canning, and Pope Franicis Catholicism.org
- The Mid-Term Report of the October 2014 Synod of Bishops in Rome: Reasons for a Catholic Resistance Dr. Maike Hickson
- Catholic Bishop Shocks UU Ecumenical Guru by Speaking Like Catholic Bishop Brother André Marie
- Synod Update: Cardinal Pell’s Assurances, ‘Blue Thursday’ Brother-André Marie
- The Thousands of Irish Slaves Under the British Brian Kelly
- Cardinal Kasper Denies Anti-African Comments, Journalist Posts Recording Brother-André Marie
- Prayer Vigil Challenge Brother-André Marie
- Saint Augustine Institute Syllabus Michael Hamilton
- Announcing a Catholic Arts Conference for Fall 2016 in Omaha, Nebraska – Can Such an Event Be a Success?
- Paul Jernberg’s Mass of St Philip Neri – CD Available
- A Suburban English Garden
- A Walk in England Along the Shropshire Union Canal
- Why the JPII’s Theology of the Body says that Nude Figure Drawing is a Bad Thing
- A Walk in Wales
- The Beauty of God’s House – a Collection of Essays Published as a Tribute to Stratford Caldecott
- The True Story of This Synod. Director, Performers, Assistants
- The Real Dilemma: Indissolubility or Divorce
- The Married Couple Knocking at the Doors of the Synod
- Second Marriages in Venice for “La Civiltà Cattolica”
- The Bishop Deposed in Paraguay. The Defense Speaks
- Vatican Diary / Behind the scenes of the Chicago appointment
- Divorce and Second Marriages. The compliant “Oikonomia” of the Orthodox Churches
- Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
- The Betting Is Open on the Next Synod
- Vatican Diary / Exile to Malta for Cardinal Burke
- Stunning website, serious reparation, Sunday togetherness – Pilgrimage for Restoration 2014
- Liturgical schedule – Pilgrimage 2014
- Schedule of main events – Pilgrimage 2014
- Question #7 – “What food should I bring, and how should I pack it?”
- Question #6 – “What gear should I pack, and how should I pack it – and my tent?”
- When Silence is Shame -- When Will Benedict XVI Say Something?
- Kasper Talks About Pope's "Hundred Year Plan"
- Jesuit School Happily Honors Condemned Liberation Theology Professor and Employs Predator
- Could Kasper's Remarks Finally Derail the Synod's Intended Course?
- Cardinal Burke in Vienna -- Pontifical Mass in Karlskirche on November 4th
- Record Building Costs in the Archdiocese of Munich and No "Swank Cardinal" - Campagne -- The Background
- The 221st Anniversary of the Murder of Marie Antoinette