- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass MP3
- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass
- The Paraclete
- C. S. Lewis and the Catholic Church
- Life of Pope Leo XIII
- St. Rose of Lima
- 2015 Mary and the Saints Wall Calendar
- The Imitation of Mary
- 2015 Saints Calendar & 16 Month Daily Planner Spiral Bound
- The Roman Martyrology
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- How Power Brokers Beat War Drums
- ‘Without Tradition, We Are Cattle’
- Counterrevolutionary Considerations
- Anthony Fraser, RIP
- Noted Professor of Psychiatry: Transgenderism a ‘Mental Disorder’
- Salvation Here and Now
- Transfiguration and Theosis
- How to Become Divine
- Good News from France
- Lessons from the Charterhouse
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Oster Responds to Bonny
- 10 years without Michael Davies:II- The Extraordinary Life and Times of Michael Davies, Latin Mass Hero - and a list of his works
- "God doesn't need us."
- The Game is Up on the Synod and Communion for Remarried Divorcees? - Kasper, in Interview: "Everything was agreed with the Pope."
- Caudillismo - Tosatti: Bishops who Agree to Incardinate Friars who Want to Leave the Franciscans of the Immaculate Blacklisted?
- Book suggestion: Intentions for Mass & Holy Communion, for Every Day in the Year
- Pope Francis is Irritated -- with a Pro-Marriage Book Published by Ignatius Press
- A Letter from a Reader: “It’s so refreshing to be able to let go of useless baggage from recent decades”
- Motus in fine velocior-1) PURGE - Magister: Burke to be removed, sent to symbolic position? -2) Synod Co-President: Church has "always" wanted to respect "stable" homosexual unions
- Original Sins: Eucharistic Prayer II - composed in a few hours in a Roman Trattoria
- Catholic CrossFit gym lifts Colo. priests
- NY cardinal: parade decision is matter of gay identity vs action
- Crisis pregnancy center film praised at UN Women's Guild screening
- Spanish youth call on government to keep pro-life promises
- San Diego bishop remembered for Christian example in life, death
- World Youth Day organizer named as next Sydney archbishop
- Nigerian bishop says Boko Haram murdered 2,500 in his diocese
About Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M.
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Brother Andre Marie graduated from that city’s Holy Cross School in 1988. He went on to study at Louisiana State University’s (LSU) main campus in Baton Rouge, on full scholarship as a music major. After three years at LSU, he transferred to Holy Apostles College and Seminary, in Cromwell, Connecticut, where he took a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spring of 1993 (major in Humanities with a minor in Philosophy). In September of 2007, he received the degree of Master of Arts in Theology, Summa cum Laude, also from Holy Apostles.
He entered as a postulant for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in May of 1993, and went on to the novitiate on Christmas of that year. He made profession of vows on Epiphany of 1996.
Since 1993, he was mentored in philosophy and theology by Brother Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M., Ph.D., a published philosopher of note.
His apostolic work has included various facets of the publishing apostolate of the congregation. For ten years, he was also part of the community’s small “mission band” of brothers who traveled to different cities distributing literature to interested persons in an effort to spread the Catholic Faith and bring wayward Catholics back to a sacramental life. He oversaw that apostolate for four years.
He has edited three of the Order’s books, published dozens of articles and presented numerous lectures in apologetics, the history of doctrine, the Church’s ecumenical councils, ecclesiology, and devotional topics.
Since 2002, he has been Prior of St. Benedict Center, an apostolate of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Richmond New Hampshire.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Why Does (Did) the Roman Catholic Church Make Latin Her Language? Brian Kelly
- New Jersey Sister of Charity to Be Beatified October 4 Brian Kelly
- Rio Cardinal Robbed at Gunpoint in Broad Daylight Brian Kelly
- Gaza’s School Children: They Don’t ‘Speak, Run, or Cry’ Brian Kelly
- Iraqi Nuns Blast Western Media for Ignoring Jihad War on Christians Brian Kelly
- Cardinal Burke to Be Removed From High Post? Brian Kelly
- Catholic Columnist Ross Douthat Lambasts Sen.Ted Cruz Insulting Speech Brian Kelly
- Bangladesh: Two Faithful Couples Stress Rosary for Good Marriage Brian Kelly
- On Papal Infallibility Brian Kelly
- Ted Cruz’ Highjacking of Mideast Christian Conference Was Pre-Planned Brian Kelly
- Discerning My Vocation as an Artist
- Why the Benedictine Rule is Psychological Training for a Joyful Old Age
- Baroque Landscape: Chinese Baroque!
- The Nativity in the Initial P, c. 1395, by Don Silvestro dei Gherarducci (1339 – 1399), by Dr Caroline Farey
- The Landscapes of Jean Charles Cazin
- Listen to this Chant in English
- Painting Class in Columbus, Ohio; October 20-24th; Qualifies for Continuing Education Units. Apply now
- The Betting Is Open on the Next Synod
- Vatican Diary / Exile to Malta for Cardinal Burke
- Reigning and “Emeritus.” The Enigma of the Two Popes
- Vatican Diary / Forty new bishops in Italy, and five fewer cardinals in the curia
- Communion for the Remarried. Francis Has a Yes "In Pectore"
- Vatican Diary / The new foreign minister is on the way
- An Army for Making Peace. The Geopolitics of Francis
- Vatican Diary / Reform of the papacy, a work in progress
- The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope
- Müller: "These Theories Are Radically Mistaken"
- Commissar Closes Another Friary of the Franciscans of the Immaculata
- Americanist Heretic Up for Beatification in Knoxville
- Pope Meets With World Jewish Congress in Pre-Rosh Hashana Meeting
- Identity Crisis: Will Europe Awake?
- Drugs Discovered in Vatican Diplomatic Vehicle
- Initiative Against Sex Education in Poland Defeated
- It's Very Possible Cardinal Burke Will Be Sent Into Exile