My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
- A Little Gabrielli in the Afternoon
- On Being Beautiful
- A ‘Quiet Affirmation’ from the New Catechism
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury and Ecumenically Incorrect Orations
- Boy Scouts and Homosexuality: What’s the Big Deal?
- Catholic Alternative to Boy Scouts of America
- A Tragic Day for the Boy Scouts
- Some Good News
- May 12: First Holy Communion
- Pope Denounces ‘Poverty as an Ideology’
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (25)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (4)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- 2nd miracle approved? Canonization reportedly close for John Paul II
- Christian minority must bring hope to a suffering society, Pope tells Roman faithful
- St. Joseph to be included in Eucharistic Prayers
- Lebanese Church leaders decry Western support for Syrian rebels
- Lourdes shrine again closed by floods
- "Got a revolution, got to revolution!" 45 years of Pontificalis Romani and the new Roman Rite
- You Report: an (unfortunately) extremely rare event, a Traditional Baptism in Portugal
- "The goal of economics and politics is to serve humanity"
- FIUV PP: more on the Lectionary
- Heroic Parenthood: the case against the NFP mentality
- Fill in the blank: "I'm a Catholic, but I'm not a Catholic _____"
- Mystici Corporis at 70 - IThe true Church of Christ is the Holy, Catholic, Apostolic, Roman Church
- Thank you so much for your understanding!
- The "Gay Lobby": confirmations all around- Bergoglio ends Vatican omertà- Fr. Oko: "The true challenge of the Pontiff is the heresy of homosexuality"
- Pope to Synod Committee: Encyclical on Faith coming out shortly; written with "four hands" with Benedict XVI
- Jesus 'wants pastors, not combers of sheep,' Pope Francis says
- Argentine bishops concerned over assisted reproduction law
- Pope explains how Christians can love bombers
- Children's journey of beauty ends with papal visit
- Fargo's new bishop-elect aims to help faith flourish
- US bishops' group approves $9 million in anti-poverty funds
- Vatican lawyer not surprised by court's refusal to hear abuse case
About Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M.
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Brother Andre Marie graduated from that city’s Holy Cross School in 1988. He went on to study at Louisiana State University’s (LSU) main campus in Baton Rouge, on full scholarship as a music major. After three years at LSU, he transferred to Holy Apostles College and Seminary, in Cromwell, Connecticut, where he took a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spring of 1993 (major in Humanities with a minor in Philosophy). In September of 2007, he received the degree of Master of Arts in Theology, Summa cum Laude, also from Holy Apostles.
He entered as a postulant for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in May of 1993, and went on to the novitiate on Christmas of that year. He made profession of vows on Epiphany of 1996.
Since 1993, he was mentored in philosophy and theology by Brother Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M., Ph.D., a published philosopher of note.
His apostolic work has included various facets of the publishing apostolate of the congregation. For ten years, he was also part of the community’s small “mission band” of brothers who traveled to different cities distributing literature to interested persons in an effort to spread the Catholic Faith and bring wayward Catholics back to a sacramental life. He oversaw that apostolate for four years.
He has edited three of the Order’s books, published dozens of articles and presented numerous lectures in apologetics, the history of doctrine, the Church’s ecumenical councils, ecclesiology, and devotional topics.
Since 2002, he has been Prior of St. Benedict Center, an apostolate of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Richmond New Hampshire.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- Sunday Talk CDs 50% off!
- Over 930 MP3 Downloads 50% off!
- 2013 Conference Registration
- Salve Regina MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #16 MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #15 MP3
- The Papal Plan For Restoration
- Divine Parables Explained: or The Church of the Parables
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms MP3
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Lionel Andrades on Pro-Father Feeney Blogs
- Warren Goddard on ‘Sentimental Theology’ and ‘Faith is a Gift’
- Conscience, Religion and the Capax Dei (Or, why don’t we have more Latin phrases on this blog?) | Hang Together on Grace and the “Problem” of Man’s Desire for God
- How to Read the Bible: The Anagogical (Program and Sermon) | Church in the Cliff on The Four Senses of Scripture
- test « Ryan Bilodeau's Blog on The Relationship of Americanism to Modernism
- 20 Year-Old Christian Beaten to Death by Police in Pakistan Jail Brian Kelly
- A Little Gabrielli in the Afternoon Brother André Marie
- Catholic Parishioners Carry Church Banner in ‘Gay’ Pride March Brian Kelly
- Is It Safe to Mention This, Since the Holy Father Has? The Philosopher
- Yankee First Baseman Speaks of His Dad and His Catholic Faith Brian Kelly
- New Mexico Abortionist Educated in Communist Cuba Brian Kelly
- Methodist Woman’s ‘Ordination’ in Catholic Cathedral by Woman ‘Bishop’ Brian Kelly
- A Convergence of World-Shaking Events Eleonore Villarrubia
- Darwin’s Great Great Great Granddaughter Becomes Catholic Apologist Brian Kelly
- The Intellectual Magnanimity of Chesterton and Belloc’s Humor Dr. Robert Hickson
- Beauty Comes in Threes
- St Anthony of Padua
- An Art School in Florence in the Naturalistic Tradition that is Good for Christians
- Schubert Soothes Savages, Becalms Beasts and Subdues Students (Throwing Food) – the Evidence is Here
- Gardens in Berkeley, California
- A Single Mathematical System that Unifies Liturgy and Physics – and Removes Wave Particle Duality
- How To Choose a Painting for Catechesis
- Benedict Wanted a "Poor" Church, Too
- Bergoglio, the "Black Pope" Dressed in White
- Vatican Diary / Six more votes for "gay" unions
- Vatican Diary / The scourge of divorce between bishop and diocese
- "This is how I will rebuild the reputation of the IOR"
- Francis's First Visit to the Periphery
- Even Peter Puts His Money in the Bank
- Vatican Diary / The identity cards of the last two popes
- On the Case of Shanghai, a Letter from Cardinal Zen
- Bergoglio, a Revolutionary His Own Way
- Lutheran Church: "Homosexuality is Part of Creation"
- Sinn Féin Really is Pro-Abortion
- Memoriam: Soviet Troops Crush Berlin Uprising
- Croatia: 750,000 Signatures Against "Homosexual Partnerships" -- With National Referendum Against Government Proposal
- Diocesan Seminarian Ordained in the Old Rite -- Mission to Muslims -- Sacra Liturgia Event
- Sick of the Catholic Church?
- Pope to French Parliamentarians --- Act on "Gay Marriage... Override it again"