- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #31 MP3
- The Battle Plan MP3
- Our Lady of Fatima and the Conversion of China
- The Circles of Study: Engines of the Crusade MP3
- Marriage Conference MP3
- Marriage Conference CD
- Roman & Byzantine Liturgical Complementarity (CD)
- Commentary on Genesis
- Tolkien's Return of the King and Christendom Tomorrow MP3
- 50 Years Ago: China, Then and Now (CD)
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Noted Professor of Psychiatry: Transgenderism a ‘Mental Disorder’
- Salvation Here and Now
- Transfiguration and Theosis
- How to Become Divine
- Good News from France
- Lessons from the Charterhouse
- The Degenerate Program of Youth Recruitment
- Exploring Nature to Find God
- Patricia Ireland is Sick
- Holy See Approves ‘International Association of Exorcists’
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Italian bishops' leader says Church should welcome 'unconventional couples' to sacraments
- Indian state discusses ban on sacramental wine
- Bahrain's king offers shelter to Christian refugees from Iraq
- Russia, Moscow patriarchate spreading 'misinformation' about Ukraine, Catholic prelate charges
- German cardinal sees 'Francis effect' as passing trend
- POPE SAINT PIUS X A Reflection on The Centenary of His Death,by Roberto de Mattei
- Zurbarán at 350: 2 video suggestions - The Agnus Dei; and the half-hour special "Incarnate Images"
- Post-Christian and Secular: The Loss of Pudor
- Event: FSSP Low Mass Workshops for priests in December
- A new traditional Catholic parish is created
- Catholic Identity Conference 2014
- Guest post: Former student laments liturgical abuse at former Catholic high school
- Islam: Territorial Advances on the Western African FrontNigerian Cardinal: Young Muslims are Joining Boko Haram
- The New World Steps Forth to the Rescue and Liberation of the Old: A Seminary in Europe and for Europe with Vocations from the Americas
- Libero Quotidiano: "Islam: When Bergoglio attacked Ratzinger"
- Pope Francis' Korea visit ignites movement toward unity
- Law group defends pro-life students restricted to college 'speech zone'
- Archbishop: Be vigilant against US religious freedom threats
- San Diego's Bishop Flores undergoing cancer treatment
- Pope: division is among greatest sins of Christian communities
- Papal envoy: we must see humanity of each Iraqi refugee
- Full release of faith education program to help form Catholics
About Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M.
A native of New Orleans, Louisiana, Brother Andre Marie graduated from that city’s Holy Cross School in 1988. He went on to study at Louisiana State University’s (LSU) main campus in Baton Rouge, on full scholarship as a music major. After three years at LSU, he transferred to Holy Apostles College and Seminary, in Cromwell, Connecticut, where he took a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spring of 1993 (major in Humanities with a minor in Philosophy). In September of 2007, he received the degree of Master of Arts in Theology, Summa cum Laude, also from Holy Apostles.
He entered as a postulant for the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in May of 1993, and went on to the novitiate on Christmas of that year. He made profession of vows on Epiphany of 1996.
Since 1993, he was mentored in philosophy and theology by Brother Francis Maluf, M.I.C.M., Ph.D., a published philosopher of note.
His apostolic work has included various facets of the publishing apostolate of the congregation. For ten years, he was also part of the community’s small “mission band” of brothers who traveled to different cities distributing literature to interested persons in an effort to spread the Catholic Faith and bring wayward Catholics back to a sacramental life. He oversaw that apostolate for four years.
He has edited three of the Order’s books, published dozens of articles and presented numerous lectures in apologetics, the history of doctrine, the Church’s ecumenical councils, ecclesiology, and devotional topics.
Since 2002, he has been Prior of St. Benedict Center, an apostolate of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Richmond New Hampshire.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- RIP Anti-Catholic Boxer Turned Late Vocation Priest: Father Stu Long Brian Kelly
- Moslem King Offers His Help and Country to 200 Christian Families Brian Kelly
- Syrian Patriarch Says ISIS Intent on Genocide Brian Kelly
- Beijing May Be Preparing to Move on Hong Kong Protesters Brian Kelly
- The Saint Thérèse We Did Not Read About Brian Kelly
- Delicacy: Cambodian Rice Rats, ‘Tastes a Bit Like Pork’ Brian Kelly
- Fr. Grimm: Church Should Canonize Exemplary Non-Catholics Brian Kelly
- Nigerian Cardinal Relates the Ongoing Horrors of Islamist Terrorists Brian Kelly
- Animal ‘Rights’ Advocates Upset Man Bit Snake to Death Brian Kelly
- A Tale of Two Toussaints: A Catholic Legacy of Haiti Eleonore Villarrubia
- Listen to this Chant in English
- Painting Class in Columbus, Ohio; October 20-24th; apply now
- Paintings from Students at the Gothic School of St Albans Painting Classes in July
- Diploma in the New Evangelisation launched by the School of the Annunciation, Buckfast Abbey, Devon, England
- Photos of a Monastery in Argentina that is Devoted to the Creation of Sacred Art
- We can build Jerusalem amongst the Satanic housing projects of our inner cities
- New Improved Way-of-Beauty Psalm Tones – Sarum Psalm Tones for the Vernacular
- A note for the readers of www.chiesa
- An Army for Making Peace. The Geopolitics of Francis
- Vatican Diary / Reform of the papacy, a work in progress
- The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope
- Müller: "These Theories Are Radically Mistaken"
- Francis's Secret Friend in Caserta
- Francis Speaks, Scalfari Transcribes, Brandmüller Shreds
- Celestine V a Model Pope? The Myth and the Reality
- Francis Has an Offer in Store for China: A New Blessed
- The Third Asian Voyage for Francis Will Be to Japan
- Pennsylvania-boy become Jesuit & Eastern Roman imprisoned for Christ in the Soviet Union explains the spirituality of a pilgrimage closer to home in New York
- Our Lady’s Father has a surprise for you.
- 12 days of Christmas in summertime
- Our Lord’s Grandmother has a present for you.
- Did you miss the extended discount period for registration?
- The Resignation of Benedict XVI From a "Handicapped Pontificate"
- Vatican Denounces Reports About Plans for Papal Assassination
- Cardinal Brandmüller: Enthusiasm Surrounding the Pope is Superficial
- The Baroque Pictorial World of Ottobeuren Abbey
- Traditional Priest Refused Requiem
- National Pilgrimage of the German District of the Society of St. Pius X to Fulda to Renew the Consecration of Germany to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- „Doppelgänger“ of the Pope Will be New Archbishop of Madrid