- The Battle Plan MP3
- The Circles of Study: Engines of the Crusade MP3
- Our Lady of Fatima and the Conversion of China
- Marriage Conference MP3
- Marriage Conference CD
- Roman & Byzantine Liturgical Complementarity (CD)
- Commentary on Genesis
- 50 Years Ago: China, Then and Now (CD)
- Tolkien's Return of the King and Christendom Tomorrow MP3
- 50 Years Ago: China, Then and Now MP3
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- August 1914: Kulturkampf reaches a whole new level
- Saint Walburge's: Here to Stay!The Tallest Traditional Church in the World - in the Diocese of Lancaster
- "Dear Father": Answers for Troubled TimesII - In these times, can I be critical or skeptical of hierarchy pronouncements?
- Archbishop of Mosul: "I have lost my Diocese to Islam - You in the West will also become the victims of Muslims"
- Save Holy Innocents
- Chaldean Catholic Patriarch and Holy See Envoy to Iraq:An Appeal to the International Community
- IMPORTANT - IRAQ DONATIONS: alms for refugees in Iraq A Chaldean Catholic Project
- Image of the Day: Pope prays in Aborted Children's Symbolic Cemetery "The Great Destroyer of Peace is Abortion"
- Iraq and Syria News Roundup - Aleppo's Christians under grave threat of genocide
- The Pope's Strength: Does it Come from God or from "the People"? "Progressives" Make a Pope In Their Own Image
- Pope Francis asks prayers for relatives killed in car accident
- New Ukrainian Orthodox head to face questions of independence
- Thai families gather for fellowship, discussion of challenges
- Pope Francis visits Benedict XVI before trips, archbishop reveals
- Church can learn social media tips from Jesus, archbishop says
- Full transcript of Pope's in-flight interview from Korea
- Pope Francis backs intervention in Iraq to stop 'aggressor'
In this video, Michael Voris presents some good thoughts on the subject of sentimental theology. There are two points here where he appears to have borrowed from Saint Benedict Center’s founders. (Note that I do not say he borrowed, but “appears to have” done so.) First is the name itself, which was the title of an article by Dr. Fakhri Maluf (later Brother Francis, M.I.C.M.) published in the September 1947 issue of From the Housetops. That article may be read here: Sentimental Theology. There is another article that explains the history surrounding its publication: Sentimental Theology Revisited.
Second is Mr. Voris’ correct series of observations about the much abused statement, “Faith is a gift.” That, too is the title of an article by one of our Founders, Father Feeney himself, who also points out the need for a gift to be not merely offered, but also accepted. Father Feeney’s article, Faith is a Gift, is on our web site, too.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- China: Unbending Underground Priest Released After 8 Years in Detention Brian Kelly
- Contemplative Order Dedicated to Vocations With Down Syndrome Brian Kelly
- From Joie de Vivre to Gaudium de Veritate Dr. Robert Hickson
- OK Governor Blasts NYC Satanists Bringing Their ‘Filth’ to Oklahoma Brian Kelly
- Technical Problems on Site Catholicism.org
- Prayers for Catholic Writer Solange Hertz Who is Very Ill Brian Kelly
- Nice Home for Sale Near Saint Benedict Center Catholicism.org
- Planned Parenthood Bilking Taxpayers for 100 Million Brian Kelly
- No Greater Enemy of Our Lady Than Modern Ecumenism: SAINT Maximilian Kolbe Brian Kelly
- Theologian Father Inos Biffi on Christ’s Mandate to Preach the Gospel to All Brian Kelly
- Diploma in the New Evangelisation launched by the School of the Annunciation, Buckfast Abbey, Devon, England
- Photos of a Monastery in Argentina that is Devoted to the Creation of Sacred Art
- We can build Jerusalem amongst the Satanic housing projects of our inner cities
- New Improved Way-of-Beauty Psalm Tones – Sarum Psalm Tones for the Vernacular
- Announcing a New Online Course on the Way of Beauty for Credit
- The Need for Chivalry in Modern Age, and an Example of Such a Modern Knight
- The Baroque Landscape
- A note for the readers of www.chiesa
- Vatican Diary / Reform of the papacy, a work in progress
- The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope
- Müller: "These Theories Are Radically Mistaken"
- Francis's Secret Friend in Caserta
- Francis Speaks, Scalfari Transcribes, Brandmüller Shreds
- Celestine V a Model Pope? The Myth and the Reality
- Francis Has an Offer in Store for China: A New Blessed
- The Third Asian Voyage for Francis Will Be to Japan
- Vatican Diary / "I follow what the cardinals asked"
- Pennsylvania-boy become Jesuit & Eastern Roman imprisoned for Christ in the Soviet Union explains the spirituality of a pilgrimage closer to home in New York
- Our Lady’s Father has a surprise for you.
- 12 days of Christmas in summertime
- Our Lord’s Grandmother has a present for you.
- Did you miss the extended discount period for registration?
- Centenary of the Death of St. Pius X
- Pope Francis: "Two, Three Years, Then One Goes to the House of the Lord"
- Pope: Intervention in Iraq 'Legitimate' -- Ready for Iraq Trip
- Pope to Beatify Archbishop Romero
- Brussels Casts Covetous Eyes on Famous Abbey of Monte Cassino?
- Pope Visits Cemetery for Abortion Victims -- Society Hostile to LIfe
- Pathologist: 'Odor of Sanctity' Surrounds the Remains of Lionheart