My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
- War Veterans Council Lied to by Bogus Homosexual Veterans Group
- Still River, Mass. IHM School Pulls out of the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in South Boston
- Africans Surprise Synod
- National Catholic Register Shocks and Stuns
- Western Cultural Imperialism
- Dr. Robert Moynihan on Ukraine
- The ‘YUM’ Factor
- The Feckless Fathers
- What is Going on in Ukraine?
- Jewish Convert Nun Establishes Contemplative Priory in VA
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Pope meets with leader of World Council of Churches, urges prayer for Christian unity
- Papal secretary recalls Pope Benedict's resignation
- New Haitian cardinal mediates in nation's political crisis
- Swiss bishops' conference criticizes proposed legalization of surrogacy
- 4 Christian villages attacked in Nigeria
- "Francis Effect" analysis: Confessions in sharp declineWhy? Saint Thomas Aquinas explains
- This is the Mass
- For the record: College respondsBoth Board and President release statements
- The Francis Effect, Continued
- Pope Francis: "Priests, do you weep? In the Ancient Missal..."
- Novenas, on the go -- and a new price for Lent
- Liturgical Peace and Vocational success in a diocese? It's all up to a good Bishop: the example of Fréjus-Toulon, France
- First Things First: It's not about specific persons, it's about the principle - and the grave precedent
- Guest Op-Ed: First Things FirstThe Traditional Latin Mass and the Fort Worth Affair
- "They have closed Heaven"Guéranger, Liturgy, and Change.
- Burning of JPII's letters would be senseless, cardinal says
- Disney ends Boy Scout donations due to gay leader ban
- Church in Oceania concerned over Australian asylum policy
- Vatican appointments may signal new role for state secretariat
- Spanish bishop issues letter on abortion
- Churches critical to development of South Sudan, author says
- Path of self-denial brings joy, fruitfulness, Pope reflects
In this video, Michael Voris presents some good thoughts on the subject of sentimental theology. There are two points here where he appears to have borrowed from Saint Benedict Center’s founders. (Note that I do not say he borrowed, but “appears to have” done so.) First is the name itself, which was the title of an article by Dr. Fakhri Maluf (later Brother Francis, M.I.C.M.) published in the September 1947 issue of From the Housetops. That article may be read here: Sentimental Theology. There is another article that explains the history surrounding its publication: Sentimental Theology Revisited.
Second is Mr. Voris’ correct series of observations about the much abused statement, “Faith is a gift.” That, too is the title of an article by one of our Founders, Father Feeney himself, who also points out the need for a gift to be not merely offered, but also accepted. Father Feeney’s article, Faith is a Gift, is on our web site, too.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- Freebies for Pop Quiz
- First Sunday in Lent Lecture MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #27 MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #26 MP3
- The Federal Reserve Bank and the Economic War on the Family MP3
- 8x10 Portrait of Brother Francis Maluf
- The Cruise of the "Nona"
- Preparation for Total Consecration
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #25 MP3
- The Social Reign of Christ the King
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Paul Seymour on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- J.D Hickman on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- This Day in History: December 13th | Steph's Random Facts on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Small But Fervent Church Growing in Thailand Brian Kelly
- Sri Lanka: 96 Year Old Sister Helping Workers and Making Converts Since 1940 Brian Kelly
- Oregon: Bogus Catholic Group to Use Ash Wednesday Service to Insult Church Brian Kelly
- Note to Future Historians: Here’s How ‘Gay’ Activists and Their Political Allies Acted in 2014 The Philosopher
- The Consequences of Character Dr. Robert Hickson
- Remembering Fr. Bradley Dr. Robert Hickson
- Homeschooling German Family Granted Asylum by DHS Brian Kelly
- Pope Hails the Modern Martyrs, the Cross Means Persecution Brian Kelly
- Another Outrageous Case of Religious Persecution in Pakistan Brian Kelly
- German Home-Schooling Family Asylum Case Rejected by Supreme Court Brian Kelly
- How to Compose Psalm Tones for the Vernacular – Have a Go Yourself
- Arthur Rackham – A Brilliant Illustrator from the Golden Age of British Illustration
- The Iconography of the Immaculate Conception and the Litany of Loreto – A Lesson for Today from the Spanish Masters
- Why a Formation in Catholic Culture is Central to Catholic Education
- Faith is the Only Hope for a Country in Disarray – Venezuela
- Cicely Mary Barker – Enchanting Illustrations for Children’s Books
- Genesis – Can Popular Culture Can Create the Desire for God? I Say Yes!
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The psalm of the temptation<br />
- Vatican Diary / The secretariat of state has lost its control over the economy
- Kasper Changes the Paradigm, Bergoglio Applauds
- The Two Synods, Real and of the Media
- The Devil's Double-cross, For and Against Pope Francis
- Vatican Diary / Nine days of fireworks on the way
- How to Enter into the Time and Space of God
- What Remains of the Christians of the East
- Synod at the Crossroads, on Second Marriages
- Vatican Diary / The new CEI has a president: Bergoglio
- "With Love" From Freiburg -- Zollitsch Attacks Müller!
- Pope to Take a Humble Bus Ride 30 Kilometers to Lenten Retreat in Ariccia
- Orthodox Churches Seek Closeness -- Synaxis Meets in Constantinople
- Papal Honor for Cardinal Siri: But not for His Pupils
- Pope Francis Praises Encyclical Humanae Vitae: Asks Benedict for Advice
- New Pope-Football Club Started in Argentina
- Francis Reminds Spanish Bishops About Concern for the Education of Priests