My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
I’m a Site5 Affiliate
- A Little Gabrielli in the Afternoon
- On Being Beautiful
- A ‘Quiet Affirmation’ from the New Catechism
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury and Ecumenically Incorrect Orations
- Boy Scouts and Homosexuality: What’s the Big Deal?
- Catholic Alternative to Boy Scouts of America
- A Tragic Day for the Boy Scouts
- Some Good News
- May 12: First Holy Communion
- Pope Denounces ‘Poverty as an Ideology’
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (25)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (4)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Pro-life principle requires help for refugees, Pope says
- Church, as one body, requires unity, Pope tells audience
- Cardinal to mark Korean War anniversary by dedicating church on border
- USCCB, other Catholic organizations urge House to reject proposed cuts to food stamps
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development awards $9M in grants
- Let this give us hope! Brick by ... oops
- "Got a revolution, got to revolution!" 45 years of Pontificalis Romani and the new Roman Rite
- You Report: an (unfortunately) extremely rare event, a Traditional Baptism in Portugal
- "The goal of economics and politics is to serve humanity"
- FIUV PP: more on the Lectionary
- Heroic Parenthood: the case against the NFP mentality
- Fill in the blank: "I'm a Catholic, but I'm not a Catholic _____"
- Mystici Corporis at 70 - IThe true Church of Christ is the Holy, Catholic, Apostolic, Roman Church
- Thank you so much for your understanding!
- The "Gay Lobby": confirmations all around- Bergoglio ends Vatican omertà- Fr. Oko: "The true challenge of the Pontiff is the heresy of homosexuality"
- Vatican theologians approve second miracle of John Paul II
- 'Hypocrisy in the Church makes all of us bad,' says Pope
- Catholic Medical Association sees growth in troubled times
- NY abortion expansion fails amid Catholic opposition
- Obama threatens veto as fetal pain bill passes House
- Construction begins on new home for elderly in Thailand
- Jesus 'wants pastors, not combers of sheep,' Pope Francis says
The theme of this year’s conference will be Right and Freedom: Catholic Considerations on Misused Concepts.
Included in the list of speakers is author, papal historian, and lecturer, Charles A. Coulombe, K.C.S.S. By order of Pope John Paul II, Mr. Coulombe was created a Knight Commander of the Order of St. Sylvester for his services rendered to the Holy See. Author of the chart-climbing The Pope’s Legion, and Puritan’s Empire: A Catholic Perspective on American History, Coulombe is recognized internationally for his in-depth knowledge of Vatican politics and the influence of Catholicism in America and Europe. His audiences regularly range from graduate students at Oxford University, England to the New Mexico Military Institute, from which he graduated. His international articles have appeared in the New Oxford Review, National Catholic Register, American Thinker, Los Angeles Catholic Mission, Monarchy Canada, and The Irish Democrat.
Here is a YouTube video of Mr. Coulombe speaking on one of his favorite subjects, monarchy:
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
- Sunday Talk CDs 50% off!
- Over 930 MP3 Downloads 50% off!
- 2013 Conference Registration
- Salve Regina MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #16 MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #15 MP3
- The Papal Plan For Restoration
- Divine Parables Explained: or The Church of the Parables
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms MP3
- History of Councils (cont.) & Mass Psalms
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Lionel Andrades on Pro-Father Feeney Blogs
- Warren Goddard on ‘Sentimental Theology’ and ‘Faith is a Gift’
- Conscience, Religion and the Capax Dei (Or, why don’t we have more Latin phrases on this blog?) | Hang Together on Grace and the “Problem” of Man’s Desire for God
- How to Read the Bible: The Anagogical (Program and Sermon) | Church in the Cliff on The Four Senses of Scripture
- test « Ryan Bilodeau's Blog on The Relationship of Americanism to Modernism
- Obama Says Religious Schools Are ‘Divisive’ Brian Kelly
- Floods Hit Lourdes Area, Grotto Under Five Feet of Water Brian Kelly
- Come to the 2013 SBC Conference The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- N.Y. Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s Radical Abortion Bill Fails Catholicism.org
- POTUS Slams Catholic Education, IN IRELAND! The Philosopher
- Pope Says Jesus Wants Us to Go Out and Bring in ‘the 99′ Sheep Brian Kelly
- Hero Killed Trying to Stop Bank Robbery Brian Kelly
- 20 Year-Old Christian Beaten to Death by Police in Pakistan Jail Brian Kelly
- A Little Gabrielli in the Afternoon Brother André Marie
- Catholic Parishioners Carry Church Banner in ‘Gay’ Pride March Brian Kelly
- Beauty Comes in Threes
- St Anthony of Padua
- An Art School in Florence in the Naturalistic Tradition that is Good for Christians
- Schubert Soothes Savages, Becalms Beasts and Subdues Students (Throwing Food) – the Evidence is Here
- Gardens in Berkeley, California
- A Single Mathematical System that Unifies Liturgy and Physics – and Removes Wave Particle Duality
- How To Choose a Painting for Catechesis
- Benedict Wanted a "Poor" Church, Too
- Bergoglio, the "Black Pope" Dressed in White
- Vatican Diary / Six more votes for "gay" unions
- Vatican Diary / The scourge of divorce between bishop and diocese
- "This is how I will rebuild the reputation of the IOR"
- Francis's First Visit to the Periphery
- Even Peter Puts His Money in the Bank
- Vatican Diary / The identity cards of the last two popes
- On the Case of Shanghai, a Letter from Cardinal Zen
- Bergoglio, a Revolutionary His Own Way
- Lutheran Church: "Homosexuality is Part of Creation"
- Sinn Féin Really is Pro-Abortion
- Memoriam: Soviet Troops Crush Berlin Uprising
- Croatia: 750,000 Signatures Against "Homosexual Partnerships" -- With National Referendum Against Government Proposal
- Diocesan Seminarian Ordained in the Old Rite -- Mission to Muslims -- Sacra Liturgia Event
- Sick of the Catholic Church?
- Pope to French Parliamentarians --- Act on "Gay Marriage... Override it again"