- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass MP3
- Why I Never Followed the Novus Ordo Mass
- The Paraclete
- C. S. Lewis and the Catholic Church
- Life of Pope Leo XIII
- St. Rose of Lima
- 2015 Mary and the Saints Wall Calendar
- The Imitation of Mary
- 2015 Saints Calendar & 16 Month Daily Planner Spiral Bound
- The Roman Martyrology
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- How Power Brokers Beat War Drums
- ‘Without Tradition, We Are Cattle’
- Counterrevolutionary Considerations
- Anthony Fraser, RIP
- Noted Professor of Psychiatry: Transgenderism a ‘Mental Disorder’
- Salvation Here and Now
- Transfiguration and Theosis
- How to Become Divine
- Good News from France
- Lessons from the Charterhouse
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Self-sacrifice, not money, brings joy, says Pope
- Work together in evangelizing, Pope tells priests, lay movements
- Pope Francis: avoid relativism in interreligious dialogue, work for the common good
- Build your lives on the rock of Christ, Pope tells youth
- Pope thanks Albania's Christians for fidelity amid persecution, calls them to be missionaries
- EXPLOSIVE - The Pianist: "How I Plan to Manipulate the Synod At Will" One of our most important translations
- Sermon for Pentecost XV –The Meaning of Mercy
- TLM Regular Hours at Saint Peter's Basilica
- Special Guest-Post: "Behind the Scenes: How Francis Personally Picked Cupich for Chicago" by Don Pio Pace
- Converted by the World
- Pope Establishes Commission to make Marriage Annulment Procedures Simpler
- The Franciscan RevolutionThe winds of change blow across the US ChurchTime to stop denying the obvious.
- October 11, 2014: First Solemn High Traditional Mass and Traditional Confirmations in Decades in Minneapolis-St.Paul Cathedral
- Papal Irritation with Ignatius Press Book Continues - First victim of Kasper's attack campaign, Müller tries to justify himself, blames publisher for "unfortunate timing"
- Pope receives Ecclesia Dei Secretary Guido Pozzo - just days before SSPX Superior visits the Vatican
- Catholic-Muslim spouses say Pope Francis is for everybody
- Papal visit fosters Albanians' hopes
- Albanian martyrs knew God's consolation, Pope says off-the-cuff
- Faith brings light to hardship, Pope Francis says at Children's center
- Truth has 'power of attraction,' Pope says to religious leaders
- Update in Albania – Muslims pray for Pope, security a non-issue
- Pope Francis to Albanian youth: Where you exist, there is hope
(Originally published on May 30, 2009)
From a Russian blogger comes a stinging critique of America under President Obama. Stanislav Mishin originally published this on his blog, Mat Rodina, but I’ve linked to Pravda’s reprint of it (the printer-friendly version, to spare you some grossly immodest ads).
Those who don’t think we’re living in a socialist oligarchy might want to look at this outsider’s view. A few lines are worth reproducing here:
First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite tv dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their “right” to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our “democracy”. Pride blindth the foolish.
Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different “branches and denominations” were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the “winning” side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the “winning” side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.
The gentleman is evidently Russian Orthodox, as the last reference and his earlier one to to “Holy Russia” would indicate. When Russia will again truly be “Holy,” of course, will be when she is reengrafted into that Church outiside of which neither holiness nor salvation can be found. Regardless, this man’s observations are spot-on, and only a blindfolded jingoism would reject them because they come from a Russian.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Counterrevolution as an Affirmation: Amid the Allure of False Dialectics Dr. Robert Hickson
- VP Flatters Radical Nuns, Playing the ‘Catholic’ Card Brian Kelly
- Catholic King Richard III to Be Reintered in Protestant ‘Cathedral’ at Leister Brian Kelly
- Blood of St. Januarius Liquifies Again on Feastday Brian Kelly
- Cardinal Dolan’s Excuse for Marching With the Blasphemous Homosexuals Polluting the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Brian Kelly
- Why Does (Did) the Roman Catholic Church Make Latin Her Language? Brian Kelly
- New Jersey Sister of Charity to Be Beatified October 4 Brian Kelly
- Rio Cardinal Robbed at Gunpoint in Broad Daylight Brian Kelly
- Gaza’s School Children: They Don’t ‘Speak, Run, or Cry’ Brian Kelly
- Iraqi Nuns Blast Western Media for Ignoring Jihad War on Christians Brian Kelly
- Now you have an option of taking the painting class for college credit
- Suburban Garden in Boston that Transforms the Community
- Discerning My Vocation as an Artist
- Why the Benedictine Rule is Psychological Training for a Joyful Old Age
- Baroque Landscape: Chinese Baroque!
- The Nativity in the Initial P, c. 1395, by Don Silvestro dei Gherarducci (1339 – 1399), by Dr Caroline Farey
- The Landscapes of Jean Charles Cazin
- Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
- The Betting Is Open on the Next Synod
- Vatican Diary / Exile to Malta for Cardinal Burke
- Reigning and “Emeritus.” The Enigma of the Two Popes
- Vatican Diary / Forty new bishops in Italy, and five fewer cardinals in the curia
- Communion for the Remarried. Francis Has a Yes "In Pectore"
- Vatican Diary / The new foreign minister is on the way
- An Army for Making Peace. The Geopolitics of Francis
- Vatican Diary / Reform of the papacy, a work in progress
- The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope
- Cardinal: There's No Conspiracy Against the Reform For the Remarried Divorced
- French Justice: Prison for Insulting Islam -- Paid For Desecrating Notre Dame
- Cardinal Ravasi's "Cunning", Allows For No Revelation About the Synod
- Pope Receives Ecclesia Dei Secretary Pozzo Shortly Before the Meeting With Cardinal Müller and Bishop Fellay
- Old Liberal Bishop Appointed to Chicago: The Bernardin Legacy Continues
- The Pope is "Irritated", Kasper Angry About the Resistance Against "New Mercy"
- Cardinal Pell Says No Changes on Communion For Remarried Divorced