- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #28 MP3
- Introduction to Apologetics MP3
- Introduction to Apologetics
- Anti-Catholicism in America
- Social Wellsprings - Pope Pius XI
- Social Wellsprings - Pope Leo XIII
- Distributism for Dorothy
- First Sunday in Lent Lecture MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #27 MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #26 MP3
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- The Tridentine Profession of Faith
- Holy Week, Easter Schedule at Saint Benedict Center
- Priest’s Talk on Sexual Morality Attacked
- Introduction to Apologetics
- Espying Salvation
- The Desolation of Katrina
- Mozillians, Dominicans, and Quislings
- Three New Saints Were Apostles of the Americas
- Brother Mongoose Goes to New Jersey
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Child killed, dozens hurt as missile strikes Catholic school in Damascus
- Malta approves civil unions
- New Irish bill, mandating reporting of abuse, renews concerns about confessional seal
- Pope will visit Roman jail, distribute pocket-sized Gospels
- Vatican confirms plans to testify before UN committee on torture
- Saint Alphonsus in Holy Week: IV - Feria Quarta (Spy Wednesday): Christ speaks from the Cross
- Events: Holy Week and Triduum around the world (updated)
- Saint Alphonsus in Holy Week: III - Feria Tertia (Holy Tuesday): Consumed for Love
- Saint Alphonsus in Holy Week: II - Feria Secunda (Holy Monday): Hammers and Nails
- Saint Alphonsus in Holy Week: I - Palm Sunday: He moves along
- Watching the Sacred Triduum online Triduo Sacro tradicional en directo por internet
- Pope Francis: Msgr. Guido Marini renewed as Master of Pontifical Ceremonies for a full new term
- Nathan Trapuzzano, requiescat in pace
- New downloads: Two children's books on the Mass
- In Passiontide: The Scala Sancta and the Prayers at the Foot of the AltarAnd a video: The Restoration of the Scala Sancta
- Social media changes are opportunity to evangelize, expert says
- Obama says Pope Francis is a reminder of human dignity
- Pope Francis will give Gospels to the imprisoned for Holy Week
- 'I can't leave my people': Priest killed in Syria hailed as martyr
- John XXIII and the beginning of the fall of the Iron Curtain
- Pauline monk appointed bishop of rural Australian diocese
- Amid backlash after resignation, Mozilla says it respects diverse views
(Originally published on May 30, 2009)
From a Russian blogger comes a stinging critique of America under President Obama. Stanislav Mishin originally published this on his blog, Mat Rodina, but I’ve linked to Pravda’s reprint of it (the printer-friendly version, to spare you some grossly immodest ads).
Those who don’t think we’re living in a socialist oligarchy might want to look at this outsider’s view. A few lines are worth reproducing here:
First, the population was dumbed down through a politicized and substandard education system based on pop culture, rather then the classics. Americans know more about their favorite tv dramas then the drama in DC that directly affects their lives. They care more for their “right” to choke down a McDonalds burger or a BurgerKing burger than for their constitutional rights. Then they turn around and lecture us about our rights and about our “democracy”. Pride blindth the foolish.
Then their faith in God was destroyed, until their churches, all tens of thousands of different “branches and denominations” were for the most part little more then Sunday circuses and their televangelists and top protestant mega preachers were more then happy to sell out their souls and flocks to be on the “winning” side of one pseudo Marxist politician or another. Their flocks may complain, but when explained that they would be on the “winning” side, their flocks were ever so quick to reject Christ in hopes for earthly power. Even our Holy Orthodox churches are scandalously liberalized in America.
The gentleman is evidently Russian Orthodox, as the last reference and his earlier one to to “Holy Russia” would indicate. When Russia will again truly be “Holy,” of course, will be when she is reengrafted into that Church outiside of which neither holiness nor salvation can be found. Regardless, this man’s observations are spot-on, and only a blindfolded jingoism would reject them because they come from a Russian.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Philip on What’s the Filioque?
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on Ensoulment Theories and the Abortion Debate
- Barr.George on Ensoulment Theories and the Abortion Debate
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Paul Seymour on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Catholic Journalist Dies Having Refusing Chemo to Safely Deliver Baby Brian Kelly
- Timely Indeed: An Inspired Letter to a Despairing Catholic from the Author of ‘Action’ Jean Oussett Brian Kelly
- Another ‘Catholic’ High School in a Tizzy: Priest Spoke About Right Morals Brian Kelly
- The Tridentine Profession of Faith Brother-André Marie
- Holy Week, Easter Schedule at Saint Benedict Center Brother-André Marie
- Very Good Article on Christ and the OT Figure of the Lamb of God Brian Kelly
- Priest’s Talk on Sexual Morality Attacked Brother-André Marie
- Melkite Patriarch Applauds Syrian Victory Over Anti-Christian Rebels Brian Kelly
- Imprisoned Vietnamese Dissident Converts and Is Baptized Just Before Death Brian Kelly
- Passion Play Moves Buddhist to Catholic Faith Brian Kelly
- 12th century Christian geometric art
- Is Easy Listening the Modern Day Equivalent of the Music of the Jongleurs and the Troubadors?
- Is some sacred art too naturalistic?
- EWTN to Run TV Series About the Glory of the Latin Mass
- Winslow Homer
- A Wonderful Piece of Music by Brahms
- Work of Students of the Thomas More College’s Guild of St Luke
- The Joys and Sorrows of Francis's Magisterium
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The gradual of the Passion
- The Pope's Third Embodiment
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The antiphon of the resurrection of Lazarus
- The Pope and the Philosopher
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The antiphon of the man born blind<br />
- Francis, the First Pope Lauded by Secular Opinion
- Masterpieces of Gregorian Chant / The antiphon of the Samaritan
- Vatican Diary / In a few months, six new saints canonized outside the rules
- The Pope Emeritus Prays, But Also Advises. Here's How
- The Midwest Puppets of Doom Liturgy
- Papal Praise For Kasper and Progressive Anathema Against Doctrine of the Faith
- Modernist Benedictine "Monastery" to Host Rabbi Promoting Aberrosexuality April 28th
- Statement by Bp. Bernard Fellay, Superior General of the Society of St. Pius X, on the new pastoral approach to marriage according to Cardinal Kasper
- Abolish Celibacy and Rehabilitate Giordano Bruno --- Bishop Kräutler and Frei Betto With Pope Francis
- Leftists Attack Memorial for Austrian Catholic Politician
- Nato-General: "Without Faith I Couldn't Be a Soldier"