- C. S. Lewis and the Catholic Church
- Life of Pope Leo XIII
- The Paraclete
- St. Rose of Lima
- The Imitation of Mary
- 2015 Saints Calendar & 16 Month Daily Planner Spiral Bound
- 2015 Mary and the Saints Wall Calendar
- The Roman Martyrology
- Pohle-Preuss Manual of Dogmatic Theology in 12 Volumes
- Dictionary of Liturgical Latin
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- How Power Brokers Beat War Drums
- ‘Without Tradition, We Are Cattle’
- Counterrevolutionary Considerations
- Anthony Fraser, RIP
- Noted Professor of Psychiatry: Transgenderism a ‘Mental Disorder’
- Salvation Here and Now
- Transfiguration and Theosis
- How to Become Divine
- Good News from France
- Lessons from the Charterhouse
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Pope advises African bishops to focus on youth
- Scripture research requires deep faith, Pope tells scholars
- Slavery not confined to poor nations, Vatican envoy tells UN
- Rev. Ian Paisley, who led anti-Catholic forces in Northern Ireland, dead at 88
- Curial decree on feast days of St. John XXIII, St. John Paul II
- Argentina Freak Show. Just in Time for Family Synod, Other Firsts: - Homosexual Activists Celebrate Homosexual Catholic "Wedding-like Blessing" -- Plus Another "First" in Baptisms
- Editorial - 7 Years of Summorum: Catholic Tradition must be Embraced in its Entirety, without Ambiguity
- Chesterton: Is War Irrational -- or is Pacifism Feverish?
- The Roman See, Permanent and Unwavering Champion of the Indissolubility of Marriage and of the Integrity of the Blessed Sacrament: I - Lothair II
- Anniversary of Jean-Philippe Rameau (25 September 1683 – 12 September 1764) - 3 video suggestions
- Cardinal O'Connor, the Pharisee
- Shock with the appointment of Danneels to a Synod on the Family - and the memories of a 2010 tape
- Socci - "DARKNESS IN ROME: Liberation Theology Triumphant as Work of John Paul II & Benedict XVI is Completely Wiped Out."
- Rorate Caeli Purgatorial Society: Eighty-fourth posting of Souls
- "A Cry from the Heart: Things that have never been seen or heard at the Throne of Peter in the history of the Church"
- Petition against OKC black mass draws support of 85,000
- 'Why the Cross?' Pope asks during Sunday Angelus
- Pope to couples: Cross illuminates purpose of marriage
- Francis to Congolese bishops: Contribute, but don't replace politicians
- Christian leaders prayerfully remember 9/11 at historic summit
- American Catholic deacon and doctor assisting in Liberia Ebola outbreak
- War ruins God's creative work, Pope says
A friend sent me this, and I thought it worth sharing. All young men considering Holy Matrimony should keep this in mind for that time when they engage in Christian Courtship. Married men, and even celibates, should also know this, too. In the realm of religious devotion, there is a Lady worth dying for. In the ages of faith, She was both the object of Chivalric veneration, and the ideal of the lady.
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Xaverian Sisters Do Not Accept Police Report on a Single Murderer of Their Three Sisters Brian Kelly
- Senator Cruz Booed After Shameful Pro-Israel Speech to Persecuted Eastern Catholics Brian Kelly
- Breaking News: Chinese Reds Don’t Like Dalai Lama Saying He’s the Last Reincarnation of Buddha Brian Kelly
- The Brave and Devout on Flight 93 Brian Kelly
- Iraqi Christian Women Tortured by Whips Preferred Death Than Apostasy Brian Kelly
- First Korean Priest Was a Martyr: So, Too, His Father and Grandfather Brian Kelly
- Pro-Homosexual ‘Marriage’ Cardinal Danneels Appointed to Synod on the Family Brian Kelly
- Let us Remember the Little Ones – Amidst the Devastation of Divorce Dr. Maike Hickson
- Russia Holds Government-Sponsored Pro-Life/Family Conference Brian Kelly
- Congratulations to the Newly Professed and Community The Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Why the Benedictine Rule is Psychological Training for a Joyful Old Age
- Baroque Landscape: Chinese Baroque!
- The Nativity in the Initial P, c. 1395, by Don Silvestro dei Gherarducci (1339 – 1399), by Dr Caroline Farey
- The Landscapes of Jean Charles Cazin
- Listen to this Chant in English
- Painting Class in Columbus, Ohio; October 20-24th; Qualifies for Continuing Education Units. Apply now
- Paintings from Students at the Gothic School of St Albans Painting Classes in July
- Vatican Diary / Forty new bishops in Italy, and five fewer cardinals in the curia
- Communion for the Remarried. Francis Has a Yes "In Pectore"
- Vatican Diary / The new foreign minister is on the way
- An Army for Making Peace. The Geopolitics of Francis
- Vatican Diary / Reform of the papacy, a work in progress
- The Strange Silences of a Very Talkative Pope
- Müller: "These Theories Are Radically Mistaken"
- Francis's Secret Friend in Caserta
- Francis Speaks, Scalfari Transcribes, Brandmüller Shreds
- Celestine V a Model Pope? The Myth and the Reality
- Question #3 – “Where can a pilgrim stay Thursday night, to be ready for step-off early Friday morning?”
- Question #2 – “So, how do I get to pilgrimage anyway?” Requesting the shuttle.
- Question #1 – “What should I do first?”
- Q & A series to prepare pilgrims for step-off
- Pennsylvania-boy become Jesuit & Eastern Roman imprisoned for Christ in the Soviet Union explains the spirituality of a pilgrimage closer to home in New York
- The Number of Catholics in Northern Europe is Climbing Rapidly
- No Obligatory Memorial For John XXIII. and John Paul II.
- Post-Conciliar Disorientation and Clarity of Tradition
- Liturgical Memorial for John XXIII. and John Paul II. Established -- Canonization of the Council?
- Cardinals Ouellet and Scola Attack Kasper in Communio
- Islamists Control Libyan Capitol: Christians Hardly Dare to Leave Their Homes
- Bishop Bars "Mass for Remarried and Homosexuals"