- Marriage Conference MP3
- Marriage Conference CD
- Roman & Byzantine Liturgical Complementarity (CD)
- Commentary on Genesis
- 50 Years Ago: China, Then and Now (CD)
- Tolkien's Return of the King and Christendom Tomorrow MP3
- 50 Years Ago: China, Then and Now MP3
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #30 MP3
- 2014 Conference Registration
- Fr. Feeney Update Radio Programs #29 MP3
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- Exploring Nature to Find God
- Patricia Ireland is Sick
- Holy See Approves ‘International Association of Exorcists’
- Catholic and Patriotic
- No Church, No Jesus
- Pope Francis: Communists ‘stole’ the flag of Christianity
- Justina Pelletier’s Law Would Stop Federal Funding of Dangerous Medical Research on Foster Children
- SCOTUS Delivers Anti-HHS Mandate Victory!
- For the Record: Pope Francis on the Church
- Corpus Christi at Saint Benedict Center
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Minnesota archbishop rejects calls for resignation
- Resolution honoring Pope Francis stalls in US Congress, with little Republican support
- Melkite Patriarch urges Christians, Muslims to 'save Islam' from violence
- Vatican Secretariat of State issues alert to diplomatic corps on plight of Christians in Middle East
- Following Pope's example, Evangelical leader apologizes for hostility toward Catholics
- Let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.'
- "Franciscans of the Immaculate: ideas imposed by decree" Yes, even "mercy", without holiness and justice, becomes injustice
- "18th-Century Monarchs" -- and a Renaissance Prince
- La Stampa: Police now Used to Intimidate and Censor Critics of Persecution of Franciscans of the Immaculate - and critics' family members; Freedom of the Press Under Threat by Church Authorities
- A Brilliant Op-Ed: These are but the Signs of a Beginning. The Two Reasons for Widespread Silence on Christian Genocide: Secularism and the Fear of Islam, its Terrors and its Blackmail.
- The Telegram
- He left, never to return
- The Cost of Frugal Living
- Since Catholic Leaders aren't Clear, "Evangelicals" respond: "We're completely different, we hate your 'Imperial Church': Please, Keep Out"
- "GENOCIDE in Iraq ! Where is the Administration? Where is this Congress?!"
- Diplomat: fight human trafficking by giving prominence to persons
- Migration fix must look at big picture, bishop encourages
- Pope Francis issues peace plea to all Holy See embassies
- Working-class marriage rate hurt by weak church efforts
- Bishops' charge to US government: help Iraqi Christians
- 124 Korean martyrs to be beatified by Pope next month
- LGBT foundation aims to counter Vatican family synod
“Ensoulment” is the word which describes the point at which the body of the conceptus is said to be informed by a human soul. (The notion of a living being having “no soul” is a philosophical oxymoron, since the soul is the principle of life in a material being.) There are two basic theories of […]
On September 14, 1952, Pope Pius XII gave an address to the First International Congress on the Histopathology of the Nervous System. On that occasion, the Holy Father discussed the Principle of Totality at length and in the contrasting terms spelled out in this question. The principle itself is the general notion that, since parts […]
September 22, 2007 | 4 Comments
Sometimes the same act causes both a good result and an evil result at the same time. The question for the moralist is “Should such an act be performed?” The answer is that is can be, but only if four conditions are met: First, the act itself must be good or indifferent. Second, the good […]
The natural law tradition as explicated by Saint Thomas Aquinas is foundational for Catholic medical ethics. Here is a very brief description of the Natural Law theory of Thomas Aquinas as it affects that field of moral theology. Included in the description are (a) the historical antecedents of Natural Law, (b) the remote and proximate […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Philip on What’s the Filioque?
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on Ensoulment Theories and the Abortion Debate
- Barr.George on Ensoulment Theories and the Abortion Debate
- Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M. on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Paul Seymour on The Council of Trent: Overview of its Importance and Difficulties
- Some Israeli Reservists Have Had Enough, No More Killing Brian Kelly
- ‘Nowhere to Go’ Israel Shells UN School, 15 Dead, 90 Wounded Brian Kelly
- Gaza’s Al Zeitoun Bombed, Civilians and Children Die Horribly Brian Kelly
- Rep Frank Wolf Speaks Out Again to Congress on Plight of Iraqi Christians Brian Kelly
- Unlikely Any Approval or Disapproval of Medjugorje Messages Forthcoming from Rome Brian Kelly
- Blogger Questioned by Italian Police for Criticizing Persecution of Traditional Franciscans Brian Kelly
- 100 Gazans Killed Today as Israel Escalates Bombardment Brian Kelly
- US Congress: Full Steam Ahead for Israel to Continue Bombing Away Brian Kelly
- The Covert Rescue of Meriam Abrahim Brian Kelly
- Modesty in Dress Brian Kelly
- The Need for Chivalry in Modern Age, and an Example of Such a Modern Knight
- The Baroque Landscape
- Some More about Henry Wingate, his work and the traditional style he paints in
- New Large-Scale Commission Completed by Henry Wingate
- Learn Botanical Painting – Another Option for those Who Want to Learn to Draw and Paint
- A Model for A Cultural Center for the New Evangelization
- Just Because I Like It, It Doesn’t Mean It’s Good
- Müller: "These Theories Are Radically Mistaken"
- Francis's Secret Friend in Caserta
- Francis Speaks, Scalfari Transcribes, Brandmüller Shreds
- Celestine V a Model Pope? The Myth and the Reality
- Francis Has an Offer in Store for China: A New Blessed
- The Third Asian Voyage for Francis Will Be to Japan
- Vatican Diary / "I follow what the cardinals asked"
- Francis, Pope of Tradition
- Francis: Or, the Diplomacy of the Impossible
- Lean Cows in Japan, Fat Cows in South Korea
- Our Lord’s Grandmother has a present for you.
- Did you miss the extended discount period for registration?
- “What if I’m not sure yet I can make it? Can I register later, AND still get the discounted fee?”
- Extra! Extra! … SAVINGS on the registration fee! Discount period extended. BUT HURRY!
- Sample bulletin & web-announcements
- Was Karl Rahner a Freemason?
- Pope Accepts Resignation of Cardinal Rouco Varela -- Who Will Be the New Archbishop of Madrid?
- Troika Over the Franciscans of the Immaculate -- Who is Mario Castellano, Really?
- Vatican Publishes Pope's Caserta Speech to the Pentecostals
- Heresies and Schisms Are an Expression of the Holy Ghost for Francis?
- Pope asks for Pentecostals Forgiveness: "Catholics Who Were Possessed by the Devil"
- A Note to our Readers