- Father Malachi Martin and Brother Francis Interview
- Father Malachi Martin and Brother Francis Interview MP3
- Counterrevolution as an Affirmation
- Developing a Counter-Revolutionary Perspective
- The Other Americans MP3
- Panel Discussion 2014 MP3
- Repeating History MP3
- Creation and the Divine Order of Things
- Developing a Counter-Revolutionary Perspective MP3
- Life after Pope Benedict
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- The Deliquescent Hermeneutic of Moral Mensheviks
- Cardinal Kasper’s Error on God
- Revolutionary Doctrines on the Family
- The Progressivist Putsch at the Synod
- Synod: Manipulation and Blowback
- Catholic Bishop Shocks UU Ecumenical Guru by Speaking Like Catholic Bishop
- Synod Update: Cardinal Pell’s Assurances, ‘Blue Thursday’
- Cardinal Kasper Denies Anti-African Comments, Journalist Posts Recording
- Prayer Vigil Challenge
- Cardinal Napier to the Rescue?
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Devil is real, Pope reminds congregation
- Syrian bishops ask world leader: stop sending weapons
- Pope meets with Old Catholic leaders, suggests cooperation in 'confused' Europe
- Petition against planned speech by Gloria Steinem at Catholic college
- Vatican finally releases English translation of official Synod report
- Marriage on the Downturn
- Pope to Consistory: We Are Witnessing a Phenomenon of Terrorism
- Texas and its assault on the churches and faith
- Economics for Ecclesiastics
- Pope’s Angelus Address
- Ascension Catholic Community Ministry of Intercession for June 2013
- Ascension Catholic Community Ministry of Intercession for May 2013
- Plenary Indulgence Reminders for the first week in November (November 1st-8th)
- 2015 Calendar Season: 2 - The Monks of Norcia
- Church of Germany, Church of Simony
- All Souls' Day and its Monday rubrics Updated (PCED letter)
- FIUV Position Paper: Septuagesima, Vigils, Octaves
- Surprise! No Vatican III!
- ATV-5 Georges Lemaître, of the European Space Agency - interesting video
- Rorate book review: "Treasure & Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass"
- RORATE CÆLI, now in Spanish- RORATE CÆLI, ahora en español -
- Pope's Close Advisor & Member of Council of Nine Cardinals "Excommunicates" Faithful who go to SSPX Masses - Full Text
- March of Saints aims to catechize Filipino children about heaven
- Rethinking her death, Brittany Maynard praised for seeing life's value
- How one cardinal proposes to correct ignorance of marriage's nature
- Vatican astronomer yawns at frenzy over Pope's Big Bang words
- Philly archdiocese: RNS blogger 'inventing own reality'
- The devil is no myth – he's real and we must fight him, Pope says
- Displaced Christians in Kurdistan – 'Their tears have run dry'
“Ensoulment” is the word which describes the point at which the body of the conceptus is said to be informed by a human soul. (The notion of a living being having “no soul” is a philosophical oxymoron, since the soul is the principle of life in a material being.) There are two basic theories of […]
On September 14, 1952, Pope Pius XII gave an address to the First International Congress on the Histopathology of the Nervous System. On that occasion, the Holy Father discussed the Principle of Totality at length and in the contrasting terms spelled out in this question. The principle itself is the general notion that, since parts […]
September 22, 2007 | 4 Comments
Sometimes the same act causes both a good result and an evil result at the same time. The question for the moralist is “Should such an act be performed?” The answer is that is can be, but only if four conditions are met: First, the act itself must be good or indifferent. Second, the good […]
The natural law tradition as explicated by Saint Thomas Aquinas is foundational for Catholic medical ethics. Here is a very brief description of the Natural Law theory of Thomas Aquinas as it affects that field of moral theology. Included in the description are (a) the historical antecedents of Natural Law, (b) the remote and proximate […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Hilaire Belloc on the Castle Called “Gaillard”: A Strategic Node Dr. Robert Hickson
- The Deliquescent Hermeneutic of Moral Mensheviks Brother André Marie
- Review of Making Gay Okay: How Rationalizing Homosexual Behavior is Changing Everything Eleonore Villarrubia
- Doctors Say She is Dead, Brain-Dead, But She Lives and Responds Brian Kelly
- Courageous Seminarian Could Leave Iraq But Will Not Brian Kelly
- Asia Bibi Begs Pope for Help and Prayers Brian Kelly
- From the House of Hesse, Martyr Princess Elizabeth Brian Kelly
- Cardinal Kasper’s Error on God Brother André Marie
- San Diego QB, Phil Rivers, Major Funder of Immaculate Heart Radio Brian Kelly
- Catholic Nurse Free of Ebola Brian Kelly
- Pictures of a Recently Completed Giant Mural of the Crowning of the Virgin from Malaga, Spain
- Hortus Conclusus – The Garden Enclosed
- TMC student commissioned to design a Cosmatesque floor for her parish in Idaho
- Announcing a Catholic Arts Conference for Fall 2016 in Omaha, Nebraska – Can Such an Event Be a Success?
- Paul Jernberg’s Mass of St Philip Neri – CD Available
- A Suburban English Garden
- A Walk in England Along the Shropshire Union Canal
- The “Evangelii Gaudium” of Pope Emeritus Benedict
- Francis’ Patient Revolution
- At the Synod and After, Revolving Door for Homosexuals
- The True Story of This Synod. Director, Performers, Assistants
- The Real Dilemma: Indissolubility or Divorce
- The Married Couple Knocking at the Doors of the Synod
- Second Marriages in Venice for “La Civiltà Cattolica”
- The Bishop Deposed in Paraguay. The Defense Speaks
- Vatican Diary / Behind the scenes of the Chicago appointment
- Divorce and Second Marriages. The compliant “Oikonomia” of the Orthodox Churches
- Stunning website, serious reparation, Sunday togetherness – Pilgrimage for Restoration 2014
- Liturgical schedule – Pilgrimage 2014
- Schedule of main events – Pilgrimage 2014
- Question #7 – “What food should I bring, and how should I pack it?”
- Question #6 – “What gear should I pack, and how should I pack it – and my tent?”
- European Museum Association "L'Internationale" Holds Anti-Clerical Exhibition -- Currently in Madrid
- Bishops' Conference: Catholic Media Should not Criticize the Abortion Politics of the Government
- Abbot Primate of Klosterneuberg's Affront Against the Immemorial Mass and Cardinal Burke
- Church and SSPX: Friend of the Pope Threatens Faithful Catholics With Excommunication
- Pope Benedict Welcomes the Growth of the Ordinariate in England
- "Adelante la fe" -- New Catholic Internet Site With Bishop Livieres and Roberto de Mattei
- Most Recent Investigations of Eucharistic Miracle of Sienna Published -- Full Indulgence