- Father Malachi Martin and Brother Francis Interview
- Father Malachi Martin and Brother Francis Interview MP3
- Counterrevolution as an Affirmation
- Developing a Counter-Revolutionary Perspective
- The Other Americans MP3
- Panel Discussion 2014 MP3
- Repeating History MP3
- Creation and the Divine Order of Things
- Developing a Counter-Revolutionary Perspective MP3
- Life after Pope Benedict
My Articles on Catholic Online
- In Praise of Triumphalism
- Marian Consecration and America's Conversion
- Meditations on Freedom
- Book Review: 'The Family that Overtook Christ' by Fr. M. Raymond
- In Declining Culture, Normalcy has become Evangelism
- Back to the Roots: Examining Maryknoll's Heroic Beginnings
- The Joyful Heart of Mary
- Corpus Christi and a Free Society
- Manliness and Fortitude: Venerable Emmanuel d'Alzon
- Auriesville Pilgrimage for Restoration Mixes Tradition, Vitality
- Father Demetrius Augustine Gallitzin
- Smite Them, O Lord! Traditional Mass for the Defense of the Faith
- The Little Way of an Apostle: Motives and Methods for the Lay Apostolate
- Saint André of Mount Royal, Timely Canonization, Call to Conversion
The Beggar’s Wishlist
- Cardinal Kasper’s Error on God
- Revolutionary Doctrines on the Family
- The Progressivist Putsch at the Synod
- Synod: Manipulation and Blowback
- Catholic Bishop Shocks UU Ecumenical Guru by Speaking Like Catholic Bishop
- Synod Update: Cardinal Pell’s Assurances, ‘Blue Thursday’
- Cardinal Kasper Denies Anti-African Comments, Journalist Posts Recording
- Prayer Vigil Challenge
- Cardinal Napier to the Rescue?
- Sanctity: Our Counterrevolutionary Grand Strategy
Categories / Tags
- Administrative Notes (5)
- Announcements (3)
- Apologetics (26)
- Articles Published in Other Venues (44)
- Book Reviews (7)
- Catholic America (14)
- Christology (8)
- Church History (21)
- Ecclesiology (15)
- Family/Personal (5)
- Fr. Leonard Feeney, St. Benedict Center, and Friends (18)
- Grace (8)
- Liturgy (5)
- Lives of the Saints (9)
- Magisterium (6)
- Mariology (8)
- Medical Ethics (4)
- Modernism (7)
- Moral Theology (12)
- Natural Law (2)
- Philosophy (3)
- Revelation (1)
- Sacramental Theology (6)
- Sacred Scripture and Tradition: Sources of Revelation (13)
- Society and Culture (22)
- Spiritual Theology (16)
- The Holy Trinity (4)
- Theology (15)
- Theology in Action (5)
- Trivia (4)
- Uncategorized (7)
- Vatican II (6)
- Vatican will be flexible in talks with SSPX, official says
- Pope encourages Cardinal Zen's pro-democracy activism in Hong Kong
- Vatican investigating Italian diocese troubled by clerical misconduct
- Pope highlights ecumenical work of Saints John XXIII, John Paul II
- Pontifical Biblical Commission publishes document on inspiration and truth of Scripture
- Marriage on the Downturn
- Pope to Consistory: We Are Witnessing a Phenomenon of Terrorism
- Texas and its assault on the churches and faith
- Economics for Ecclesiastics
- Pope’s Angelus Address
- Ascension Catholic Community Ministry of Intercession for June 2013
- Ascension Catholic Community Ministry of Intercession for May 2013
- The Message of Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI to the Summorum Pontificum pilgrims in Rome #SumPont2014 (full text)
- First Major Text of Benedict XVI Ratzinger following resignation - On Catholic Faith, Missions, and other Religions - Full translation by Rorate
- In prepared text for #SumPont2014 Pilgrimage Mass, Cardinal Pell says no 'doctrinal backflips' at 2015 Synod
- Event: TLM for All Saints in southern Indiana
- The Next Steps between the Holy See and the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) - Full Interview with Abp. Guido Pozzo.
- Albenga-Imperia: Bp. Oliveri responds to Italian media-Plus: Oliveri-hatred by liberals comes from 1980
- How to follow the Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage in Rome?- Images and News #SumPont2014
- Setting the record straight on Albenga-Imperia:A clear case of selective enforcement against a conservative bishop
- Benson at 100"The Royal Catholic Church: Ruthless with heresy and sin, kind with the heretic and the sinner"
- "Over half the Bishops (in the Synod) have already switched religion"
- Cardinal Nichols clarifies, dispels media portrayals of synod
- Beyond economics, youth unemployment a 'problem of dignity,' Pope says
- Sistine Chapel being used as sacred place – not 'venue for private parties'
- For terminally-ill seminarian, a life with suffering is not void of dignity
- Pope calls Christians to be 'living stones' of the Church
- Two flawed candidates? Catholics mull over voting options
- Ebola survivor Nina Pham: I believe in the power of prayer
“Ensoulment” is the word which describes the point at which the body of the conceptus is said to be informed by a human soul. (The notion of a living being having “no soul” is a philosophical oxymoron, since the soul is the principle of life in a material being.) There are two basic theories of […]
On September 14, 1952, Pope Pius XII gave an address to the First International Congress on the Histopathology of the Nervous System. On that occasion, the Holy Father discussed the Principle of Totality at length and in the contrasting terms spelled out in this question. The principle itself is the general notion that, since parts […]
September 22, 2007 | 4 Comments
Sometimes the same act causes both a good result and an evil result at the same time. The question for the moralist is “Should such an act be performed?” The answer is that is can be, but only if four conditions are met: First, the act itself must be good or indifferent. Second, the good […]
The natural law tradition as explicated by Saint Thomas Aquinas is foundational for Catholic medical ethics. Here is a very brief description of the Natural Law theory of Thomas Aquinas as it affects that field of moral theology. Included in the description are (a) the historical antecedents of Natural Law, (b) the remote and proximate […]
Hail, Joseph the Just, Hail!
The Holy Patriarch of Nazareth: Patron and Protector of Holy Mother Church
Welcome to my Weblog
This blog began as a repository for academic papers I wrote in pursuit of my Theology degree. They remain, but the site now mirrors some of the content of Saint Benedict Center's web site.
God bless you and may Our Lady watch over you!
Mystic Monk Coffee Affiliate
Connect with Me on Linkedin
Follow Me on Networked Blogs
Saint Thomas Aquinas’ Prayer Before Study
“Grant me, I beseech Thee, O merciful God, ardently to desire, prudently to study, rightly to understand, and perfectly to fulfill that which is pleasing to thee, to the praise and glory of Thy Name. Amen.”
Support Catholic Education
The Litany of Saint JosephLord, have mercy on us. Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us. Christ, hear us. Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, Have mercy on us.
God, the Son, Redeemer of the world, Have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, Have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, Have mercy on us.
Holy Mary, Pray for us.
Saint Joseph, Etc.
Renowned offspring of David,
Light of Patriarchs,
Spouse of the Mother of God,
Chaste guardian of the Virgin,
Foster Father of the Son of God,
Diligent protector of Christ,
Head of the Holy Family,
Joseph, most just,
Joseph, most chaste,
Joseph, most prudent,
Joseph, most strong,
Joseph, most obedient,
Joseph, most faithful,
Mirror of patience,
Lover of poverty,
Model of Artisans,
Glory of home life,
Guardian of virgins,
Pillar of families,
Solace of the afflicted,
Hope of the sick,
Patron of the dying,
Terror of demons,
Protector of Holy Church,
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, Have mercy on us.
V. He made him the lord of His household.
R. And prince over all His possessions.
Let us pray.
O God, who in Thy ineffable providence didst vouchsafe to choose blessed Joseph to be the spouse of Thy Most holy Mother, grant, we beseech Thee, that we may have for our advocate in heaven him whom we venerate as our protector on earth. Who livest and reignest world without end.
DisclaimerLinks from this blog do not constitute endorsements of the editorial policies of the linked web sites. I link to them because I find them informative and useful. This includes, but is not limited to, RSS feeds from news and other informational sites, some of which a) advance ideas at variance with Catholic doctrine, or b) endorse political candidates, which is NOT something I do on the blog.
- Cardinal Kasper’s Error on God Brother-André Marie
- San Diego QB, Phil Rivers, Major Funder of Immaculate Heart Radio Brian Kelly
- Catholic Nurse Free of Ebola Brian Kelly
- Just a Few Unusual Happenings in the Lives of the Saints Brian Kelly
- Married 73 Years Husband Dies 28 Hours After Wife Brian Kelly
- Jesuit College OKs Pagan Club Brian Kelly
- China’s Secret ‘Black Jails’ Where Anti-Communist Women Disappear Brian Kelly
- The Failure of US Bishops to Stop Abortion Brian Kelly
- Bishop Tobin’s Frankness on the Synod The Philosopher
- Revolutionary Doctrines on the Family Brother-André Marie
- Hortus Conclusus – The Garden Enclosed
- TMC student commissioned to design a Cosmatesque floor for her parish in Idaho
- Announcing a Catholic Arts Conference for Fall 2016 in Omaha, Nebraska – Can Such an Event Be a Success?
- Paul Jernberg’s Mass of St Philip Neri – CD Available
- A Suburban English Garden
- A Walk in England Along the Shropshire Union Canal
- Why the JPII’s Theology of the Body says that Nude Figure Drawing is a Bad Thing
- Francis’ Patient Revolution
- At the Synod and After, Revolving Door for Homosexuals
- The True Story of This Synod. Director, Performers, Assistants
- The Real Dilemma: Indissolubility or Divorce
- The Married Couple Knocking at the Doors of the Synod
- Second Marriages in Venice for “La Civiltà Cattolica”
- The Bishop Deposed in Paraguay. The Defense Speaks
- Vatican Diary / Behind the scenes of the Chicago appointment
- Divorce and Second Marriages. The compliant “Oikonomia” of the Orthodox Churches
- Scola: Four Solutions for the Divorced and Remarried
- Stunning website, serious reparation, Sunday togetherness – Pilgrimage for Restoration 2014
- Liturgical schedule – Pilgrimage 2014
- Schedule of main events – Pilgrimage 2014
- Question #7 – “What food should I bring, and how should I pack it?”
- Question #6 – “What gear should I pack, and how should I pack it – and my tent?”
- Papal Purges and Their Claques -- Political Orientation More Decisive Than Allegations?
- Vatican Does Not Expect a Capitulation from the SSPX
- Cardinal Meisner Complains that John Paul II. Was Excluded from the Synod
- Will the Traditional Diocese of Albenga Receive a Commissar?
- Misgivings With the Current Causes of Saints -- and Their Absence
- Feast of the Saint John of Capistranon Christ's Captain at the Siege of Belgrade
- The Memoirs of Cardinal Bertone -- Does the Ex-Secretary Want to Pluck Some Hens?